Pubbing Discussion: Warfare Command Tactics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pubbing Discussion: Warfare Command Tactics

Ho hay! I was pubbing at the Hells Kitchen server in Warfare, there was this custom Warfare mode that had everything incredibly expensive. I liked it that way since it put us into a more strategical slant. You can find it here: Daniel N&S Warfare

I took command of the SLA (I have an odd thing for the T72s), and we started in a small field near Hunapu. I made it clear we needed to move to Eponia, and once we got there, I established the base in a prebuilt military base northwest of it.

It provided a fair amount of visual concealment for the MHQ since the mountains around it would have a hard time seeing past the trees and buildings. This particular gametype also offered buildable camouflage neting that can be built over vehicles and small structures, in this case, the MHQ. I used this along with the sandbags as a disguising tool to cover up the MHQ and make it appear like a light Factory.

With this crucial task complete, I remembered a particular scenario I encountered in another Warfare server earlier this week. I asked three of my player squads to capture Benoma and monitor the situation as a stop-gap precaution. It paid off. They intercepted large amounts of vehicles, infantry and BLUFOR in the area, and continued to hold the area under heavy pressure.

I now had confirmation of two things: They had spawned in the Pita area, and now hold Masbete and Pita. The other thing was that I knew that as long as we held Benoma or kept it under heavy contention, BLUFOR would be starved of vital resources. This ensured an easy victory.

The point is, in Warfare, you can be easily screwed if you don't enable your MHQ to be placed where you can have easy access to multiple cities with minimal resistance. There are three goals you should focus on when you place your MHQ. They are, in the order of priority:

1) Gaining access to as many strategical supply depots as possible.

2) Shielding your main base from enemy reconnaissance and artillery strikes.

3) Having the means of concealment and protection.

I have taken the time to draw up a map showing the major supply routes in North Sahrani, major chokepoints, and ideal MHQ locations by letter. A list of each MHQ location and their strengths and weaknesses are below, and at the end of this post is a link to the marked map itself of North Sahrani. I should note that nearly ALL locations can be hit with Artillery from Rashidah, Paraiso Corazol, and to a lesser extent, Ortego.

MHQ Location List

MHQ A, Santa Lucia - Low chance of successful artillery attacks from S. Sahrani. Moderate visual and physical protection against attacks. Use this as a main base only if you have gained full, unchallenged control of the cities/towns in the mountains.
    Rating: Moderately High.

MHQ B, Eponia Military Base - My personal favorite, located between main roads linking to Eponia, Tandag, Gold Mine, and Santa Lucia. Can run a convoy of Supply Trucks between MHQ and cities in the north in a continuous loop. Ideal for acquiring large amounts of supply points and income. Biggest con is that it is very open to artillery fire from the north shores of S. Sahrani. Also susceptible to being boxed in if Carmen and Tlaloc are held by the enemy.
    Rating: Very High.

MHQ C, Tandag Forest - This offers more direct routes to Carmen, Eponia, Tlaloc, and Pacamac for supply lines. Significantly less total supply point value than MHQ B initially, but offers MHQs A and B as backup bases. High-density evergreen forest also provides sufficient concealment from reconnaissance planes, and also can be a natural barrier to enemy artillery.
    Rating: Very High.

MHQ D, Carmen - Offers a link to the rest of the northern cities beyond Eponia, while enabling quick-response access to Bagango and Benoma. More exposed to artillery fire from S. Sahrani, but structures and nearby forests offer concealment.
    Rating: Moderate.

MHQ E, Boscas Forest - Extremely dense forest, Hills 152, 281, 112 and 109 offer strong visual concealment from reconnaisance and attack. Excellent for managing the southern portion of N. Sahrani. Strongly recommend using camouflage netting on the MHQ here.
    Rating: High.

MHQ F, Mataredo - Significant distance to Santa Lucia, Eponia, and other northern cities, but offers excellent cover against Artillery and is one of the least-likely locations to be searched. Nearby Passo Paradiso and Selva de Caza forest can be used as an emergency fall-back shelter in case of attack.
    Rating: Moderately Low.

MHQ G, Small Military Base, South Coast - Links to Everon directly, should only be used as an unconventional solution. Chokepoints between it and Everon presents a danger of being boxed in, however, Everon is an excellent location to build artillery for attacking locations deep in South Sahrani.
    Rating: Low.

MHQ H, Eponia Apartments - For more quick access to Eponia and its roads, the apartment complex in Eponia, as well as the trees nearby, offer concealment for the MHQ and base assets. Also offers the opportunity to build artillery near the MHQ at a lower cost. Biggest danger is enemy artillery and air strikes.

MHQ I, Valor - Valor offers some deal of collateral protection against direct attack, with the hills surrounding it. Links to Modesta, Corazol, and Everon for supplies.
    Rating: Very Low.

MHQ J, Passo Epone Outpost - In the middle of a large forest, offering numerous locations along the shore and cliff faces to shield yourself from direct artillery fire. Biggest danger is the lack of multiple supply routes through the mountain pass. Capturing Eponia and northwestern cities should be high priority if base is to be established here.
    Rating: Moderately High.

MHQ K, Forest On The Shore - If you feel like being an absolute nutjob and an ass to the enemy team, this is your spot. Heavy foliage and forestation allows you to disperse your base in a manner that will be less likely to be spotted. However, if some enemy in a tank rolls along on the highway between Corazol and Paraiso and spots you here, you can expect to get shelled. Using camouflage netting and sandbags to protect against direct fire is recommended.

MHQ L, Modesta - If you're feeling modest, and want to take a roll with the dice, Modesta is a good place. Links to Eponia, Gaula, Corazol Mercalillo and Obregan for supplies. However, concealment and protection is very low.
    Rating: Moderately Low.

MHQ M, Everon Forward Base - Links to Everon, Gaula, and Mercalillo, while offering you a decent amount of protection from direct attack, with the shallow valley it is in.

MHQ N, Everon - Everon itself has a number of buildings, that offer protection and can be a staging point for Artillery. Light amounts of forest are not enough to offer concealment.

MHQ O, Hunapu - There's a bit of forestland here, and a nice mansion for you to park the MHQ at. Command the battlefield in luxury! However, don't be surprised if the enemy mines the roads, barricades the towns, and blocks your only way out of there if you're found. It offers decent protection against artillery, and excellent protection against direct air attack, if you can build several AA pods on Hill 132 and 149.

MHQ P, Tres Valles Base - You might think it's isolated enough that nobody will spot it, but trust me, it's one of the first places a search party will look. And artillery based in Ortego will hit it. One of the least advisable places to put your MHQ.
    Rating: Extremely Low.

MHQ Q, Benoma - Best if your enemy is confirmed to be in South Sahrani. You link directly to Masbete, Ixel, Pita, Carmen, Bagango, Obregan through many different roads. A very good supply capacity location, however, the terrain will make it difficult to find ideal places to build your factories.
    Rating: High.

MHQ R, Pita Military Base and MHQ S, Maintenance Depot - Probably one of the most common places a team spawning in the North will set up shop at. It offers the best protection from artillery since it is usually going to be out of range of Ortego and Paraiso, and even West Corazol. However, it links only to Masbete and is extremely prone to being boxed in at Benoma. If you successfully gain control of Benoma unchallenged, and capture the rest of the North Sahrani cities, it is strongly advised that you move the MHQ somewhere else.
    Rating: Extremely Low.

North Sahrani Strategic Map
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Re: Pubbing Discussion: Warfare Command Tactics

Nkato, its great that you take so much time to analyze the game and how to place what where, etc etc. However do you not understand that you are also taking an element of the fun away from the game of allowing people/commanders to discover their own favourite base locations etc.

People do not like to be told how and where they "SHOULD" be doing something. The reason why you have issues connecting to the TG server is the very fact that you NEED to learn how to simply do your role and step in line. That means when you are not in a SL or CO role you simply do what is asked of you as opposed to the playing style observed where for example and I quote: "Nkato gets in the tank and farts loudly". Or when you start throwing an "Ape****" fit at someone becasue they where on the scene of a downed Helo to fix it and fly it back to base, before you, having previously told you 3 times "IN TEXT" not to bother going there as it was covered.

I encourage you to understand the principle behind TG and why so many players like playing here to the point that many really good friendships are being made. This means mature play first and foremost, sensible play second, and Team play could even be the most important and right now, you do not portray yourself by your actions, as a "Team" player.

So rather than give lectures as to how people should play the game and where they should set up their operations, try a simple "After action report" of the game you had just played. Either way, if you want to play here, you really do need to revise your style of play as you currently piss too many people off on a regular basis which ultimately leads to you not playing on certain servers.

I hope you take this as friendly advice, as this is how it is intended. TG welcomes everyone to it's servers, however it will not stand for individuals that do not truly understand the style of play and how the Majority wishes to play.
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I know there are issues. That wasn't the topic of this thread, this was mainly intended to discuss different methods of approaching Warfare from the perspective of a Commander. In my perspective, it is important to share what one knows, or what one believes could lead to a more enjoyable "game" experience.

Honestly, BlackDog, It's hard for me to look at it as a "fun" game, when I have a tendency to treat it more of a simulation than a game. I am perhaps far too different from the "norms" of TG to be a proper fit here, or anywhere for that matter.

-NK
      Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

I guess I just read it as a well done Strategy "guide" or Tips sheet so to speak for the Warfare Mod.
        And I agree with Nkato that the Command position is more strategy then usual ARMA (which is tactical =action strategy) ....

And as for Nkato's fetish for the T72.... I have no comment.. ;-)
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
          I guess I just read it as a well done Strategy "guide" or Tips sheet so to speak for the Warfare Mod.
          And I agree with Nkato that the Command position is more strategy then usual ARMA (which is tactical =action strategy) ....

And as for Nkato's fetish for the T72.... I have no comment.. ;-)
          Peardog described my original post better than I could. A "strategy guide" for those that spawn in the rugged foothills of North Sahrani.

And about my so-called "fetish", It's more or less because of the sound of the tank, it feels a lot better on my ears with the bass than the M1A1 does. :p

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X