Locking weapons in Domination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking weapons in Domination

This is a simple poll to see if I edited Domination to allow for only certian roles to have certain weapons. Xeno left a option in there that would restrict certian weapons to roles, i.e. the sniper rifles to a sniper. The options are limitless, it just will take me more time to edit based on roles.

Would this be something you would be interested in? If so, I can possibly have it together for possibly a Sunday gathering tomorrow..
    Sure, why not!
    57.14%
    No not really..
    21.43%
    On the fence, could go eitehr way.
    21.43%
    Last edited by TheBigC; 07-26-2008, 09:31 AM.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Locking weapons in Domination

Personally I am leaning a little bit towards having weapons locked to certain roles, because Domination as it stands now, is a bit too chaotic with everyone choosing what they please. When they select a role, they would need to be aware of what that role offers.

Although, one suggestion if possible: If you're going to restrict weapons for a Medic or Engineer, try to give more options for those than your usual fare. It'd be interesting to see how a Medic manages his inventory with an M249 or something.
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

I don't think this would work. The reality of dominiation is that everybody, and anybody loads out with 2-3 rounds of m136 to deal with the amount of armour. If people were forced to load out with "standard" army kits it would be a doomsday.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
        Would this be something you would be interested in? If so, I can possibly have it together for possibly a Sunday gathering tomorrow..
        I agree with role/weapon lock, but i do also agree with ZaBoo. Maybe we could do that if beta modify the mission and put a balanced ratio of inf, armour.

About Sunday i was really hoping we could have a small coop session.....
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
          I agree with role/weapon lock, but i do also agree with ZaBoo. Maybe we could do that if beta modify the mission and put a balanced ratio of inf, armour.

About Sunday i was really hoping we could have a small coop session.....

We can make the load outs whatever we want. We do not have to limit things like rockets, extra ammo, etc. One of the ones I would like to tweak is things the the roles of the MG and Sniper. Making those two the only ones allowed to pick up the respective guns.

As for the Sunday gathering, we can make it whatever everyone wants. If you all want small CoOp, so be it. Believe it or not, you guys drive what is played and when. I was just throwing out ideas...
          "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

How about we leave 2 Domination missions in the server list, the way it is now and then a hardcore version. I really like the idea of less armor and more bad guys on foot. And what happened to the choppers that would come in and drop off more enemy troops if you didn't get the tower down? I haven't seen that in a long time.
            I think considering the caliber of player we have on the passworded server right now, we would quickly be able to pick up this more hardcore version, and people would be willing to jump into rolls that loadout with less firepower because they understand they are just as vital for the team as Mr AT and Mr Sniper.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I have three men. They have five tank platoons, thirteen units of misc. armor, several shilkas, and something like three hundred enemy infantryman.

Basically, there would be no practical way to do this without being able to grab any handy weapons. Especially the number of tanks Domi can throw at you, and the travel distances you have to go. Specialized roles would be fine if we could get twenty or thirty people on a regular basis, but not when we've basically got the A-team, but without Mr. T or any slap dash armored vehicles.

Comment

That is my point Frank. We keep HardCore on the server, and on nights there are like 10+, we start it up and kick ass:icon26:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Yea, honestly don't think it would work unless you had a consistant number of people in the server and all of them had to be working together (which normally isnt a problem on TG but if it is then it would be huge). I'd be down to see a designated pilot role or designated AA/AT role though which would probably just be a guy riding around in a humvee with a stinger or javelin w/ extra rounds.
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

I am not advocating replacing anything. I was simply mentioning with a organized group, we could have specific roles where we could only carry certian things. This would be a addition to what we already have, we can always play whatever version.

As for adding infantry and all that crap, that is a bit more work and I would prefer to hold off until the new version is released...

Comment

Well a edited version with the locked weapons is now loaded on the server. If you choose to play it fine, if not, oh well...

Minor adjustments:

1. All player can carry ammo for MGs and M203 HE
                      2. Turned off the fog. It is too much too often to be effective as far as realism. The rain is still on though.
                      3. Still have the minor tweaks as before as far relating to Skilkas
                      4. Only on server 2 and the event server
                      5. On for the West_AI version. Mando still has too many bugs to mess with...

Have fun if you all want, otherwise all other versions are still loaded.
                      Last edited by TheBigC; 07-27-2008, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Great - thanks C!
                        Jex.

Comment

Thanks Big C.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I know I'm late to the party but I would argue that it would be a good thing to limit certain classes.

Currently you can be the engineer, grab an M249 in your backpack, an M16 RCO and an M136 and go to town. That is a powerfull class right there.

I just really dislike using the backpacked weapon option to get around limitations. People like grabing their main load out and then throw a sniper rifle in the backpack. It just dilutes things for me. I like that I really have to weigh my options when choosing a kit. I know I'm going to see lots of armour but the MG kit is so handy for infantry. It makes me have to rely on my squad mates no matter which kit I choose.

I would vote to limit certain combinations like the MG and M136 or a sniper rifle in your bacpack with a full load out. I have seen some great teamwork on the server so ensuring you have the right weapons in a squad shouldn't be a stretch?

Comment

If there is to be a weapons restriction ... I would think the "backpack" option should be removed.

Plain and simple, it makes for one-man-armies. Carrying a rifle and your regular loadout, plus SIX AT rounds KIND OF unbalances things.

As far as I know, you already cannot use an AT weapon with a MG (240B, SAW, also the M107). The backpack is a way to get around that, and still be able to carry it.

Basically, I see the whole "backpack" as nothing more than cheating the game.

You don't move any slower.

You don't get tired quicker.

You don't have ANY penalties for carrying TWICE as much kit.

I would like to see it removed, as with the unlimited amount of ammo available from MANY sources, it seems to remove all hope of a "reliant" squad ...

Why have designated roles (LMG, AT, Sniper, etc.) when one person can do all three?

Hell .. why even stay together? You have enough ammo to clear half the town ... and if you die, no biggie just teleport/parajump back in.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X