TrackIR4 Price Drop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR4 Price Drop

For those of you who haven't already picked one of these up, NaturalPoint just did price drops on the TrackIR4 and TrackClipPro. I wrote a quick piece on my site about this, including the (updated) coupons. You can now get a TrackIR4 (via the coupon) for $114, as compared to their asking price of $179 previously (or $149 if you used a coupon).

I cannot recommend these highly enough for ArmA. They're fantastic peripherals and are simply great bang-for-buck. Great immersion boost as well as a huge boost in situational awareness. Pilots in particular should not be without these.

Anyhow. If interested, check out the top post on my site - http://dslyecxi.com/

Re: TrackIR4 Price Drop

hmmm, i remember these from when i used to compete in online FIA GT endurance races... me fear with these is that you end looking at your screen through the corners of your eyes all the time... how is the sensitivity on these things?
    sigpic

"brum brum"

Comment

Originally posted by sturgis View Post
      hmmm, i remember these from when i used to compete in online FIA GT endurance races... me fear with these is that you end looking at your screen through the corners of your eyes all the time... how is the sensitivity on these things?
      You can scale it however you want. You have customizable deadzones, acceleration curves, smoothness, etc. I have never had to strain to look at my monitor when using this. My current profile allows me to look all the way to one extreme (left/right) by turning my head maybe 20-25 degrees off-axis. It could be less than that, but I find that to be a comfortable level that gives me a lot of fine control.

Comment

Dslyecxi, googling for track-ir was actually how I found your site before I really got into arma, and was really interested in getting it.

any idea though if it will be supported by ARMA2?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I highly recommend getting one. I've had mine for a while now and it's well worth the money. I use mine in ArmA, FSX, and IL2. My settings are tweaked so that I don't have to move my head that much to get a good range of motion.

-BoD
          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Looks quit interesting. Not only for Armed Assault but for FSX and IL2.

But they didn't touch on the programming aspect.

Just spent over 2 weeks (off and on) configuring my ArmedA keys and setting up the voice command program.

Am I looking at another week to set up this???
            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Dslyecxi, googling for track-ir was actually how I found your site before I really got into arma, and was really interested in getting it.
              Ha, cool. :)

any idea though if it will be supported by ARMA2?
              Yes, it will be.

But they didn't touch on the programming aspect.

Just spent over 2 weeks (off and on) configuring my ArmedA keys and setting up the voice command program.

Am I looking at another week to set up this???
              Not at all - it's all configured in ArmA by default. All you need to do is select the kind of profile you want to use via the TrackIR software itself. Once you do that, you launch ArmA, and it's all set up. It's very easy to do.

Comment

Got me sold..looks like a real neat little device for some games.

Can't quit figure out the difference between the different items though. Not very well explained on the site.

I'm assuming you need that "big black thingie" sitting on your monitor them some kind of alien looking headgear with red eyes that point at it so it can track your head movement.

One question too..if you look to your right , this tracks your FOV but how do you see the monitor then?? (I'm looking into the corner of my office then) Do you have to crank your eyes to the left.

Wont you get a lot of eye strain?

Call me 'tupid by prying minds want to know..:D
                [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

BeerHunter, I'm making a new video for you. It's easier to show than try to type it out. :)

Give me an hour or so to put it together and have it uploaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                    BeerHunter, I'm making a new video for you. It's easier to show than try to type it out. :)

Give me an hour or so to put it together and have it uploaded.
                    Much appreciated. Are you par chance a major shareholder?? :D
                    [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Hope I can catch you before you go to all the effort of making the video.
                      Browsed some other videos and looked at your flash video.
                      Get the idea now.
                      Ordering today.
                      Txs

OMG!!! Took the $15 discount so ended up paying $114.95 for it.. good deal so far.

Then add on shipping UPS Air to Canada .. $85.22 *gasp*. No option for parcel post eh? :)

So far I'm in hock for $200.17 and Canada Customs and Revenue haven't even got their grubby little hands on it yet.

Better be as good as all the reviews say it is..cause I got friends that can make problems disappear if it aint..:D
                      Last edited by BeerHunter; 08-02-2008, 06:22 PM. Reason: purchased
                      [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Originally posted by BeerHunter View Post
                        Hope I can catch you before you go to all the effort of making the video.
                        Browsed some other videos and looked at your flash video.
                        Get the idea now.
                        Ordering today.
                        Txs
                        Haha. That's ok - I needed to make an updated video anyway. It's still rendering - I'll post it here later this evening. Once you get yours, feel free to PM me with any questions.

Comment

It's up now - one option of how to view it at the moment, I'll have a Youtube version up later.

This is the way to go for now - hires, only issue is that you can't rewind/fast-forward on it, so you'll have to listen to me explain things before watching the flying.
                          http://dslyecxi.com/video.php?vid=vi...ackir_demo.wmv

There's an issue for part of it where the sound will play out of only one channel - I'm fixing it now and will post when it's been changed. For now it should not be a huge issue.

Comment

Beerhunter,
                            Please tell me you didn't order already and pay $85 for shipping. Man, I would have hooked you up and ordered for you and then shipped it to you for probably $15. I just sent 2 huge boxes of videos that both weighed a ton to Alaska for like $35, so it couldn't have been that much to send to you.
                            Come on man, that is one of the fringe benefits of being part of the TG community. We help each other out.

And Dslyecxi, thanks for making the video. I really feel like that kind of product needs a detailed demo like that for someone to be able to grasp what it actually does.

And for everyone else be sure to check out the TrackIR homepage. They actually have tons of games supported, some you might not expect.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Haha awesome Distrubed as background music :P Always wanted one of these but the price tag is just out of my range right now :(

Quick question. Freelook in ArmA needs you to press Alt key, I'm quessing you don't need a key held down with this

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X