orginizing base

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• orginizing base

Today I was the first one to join the server and the mission had kept going from last night. What I found was blackhawks trucks and humvees strewn all around the base. I found jets parked nose first into walls. I found many destroyed or damaged helicopters and many vehicles turned on. I spent nearly an hour cleaning everything up by myself. My point is no one should have to clean an entire base up ever. We need to put things back when were done with them and repair them.

It also come to my attention that we have a high aircraft loss rate last night I left the server and there were 4 a10s a littlebird 2 ffaar blackhawks and 3 harriers. Today I found 1 a10 2 harriers and a ffar black hawk. I dont care that we loose these aircraft but once lost the wrecks must be located and brought back to base via wreck repair black hawk.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Re: orginizing base

What I have seen happen in the past is people joining or left on late after the larger group starts to fade. Most people are done "playing" and they just disconnect without any thought. The problem with persistent missions is that many players overlook the fact that others will be coming behind them and don't necessarily want to restart the mission.

If you see individuals purposely leaving vehicles or equipment behind or the infamous "I crashed the helo, I'm done for the night." disconnect, notify an admin. Either in game or PM.
    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Agreed!
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Totally agreed. If you take out any vehicle, you are responsible for returning it to parking. No excuses. If you have to log off in an emergency, you're still responsible for checking in later and returning it. If you wreck a non-respawning vehicle, you must arrange for its return to base (UH60 #4 is specifically set aside to lift aircraft wrecks). If you do not know how to lift, or otherwise cannot, you should not be flying in the first place.

As usual - common sense.

Comment

Beer cans strewn about, puke in the plant pots, cigarette butts in the toilet. Hooligans!

Comment

Designate a valet perhaps?
            sigpic

Comment

With all these new people on the server, I'm not noticing any posts by them. Did they just grab the PW and think they can just jump on and play how they want to play? Leaving vehicles about the map is not on. Read the announcements and SOP's.
              Jex.

Comment

One of my favorite roles in ArmA is being in charge of main base logistics. Maybe it's the OCD talking, but I like cleaning up and arranging everything juuust right.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                  One of my favorite roles in ArmA is being in charge of main base logistics. Maybe it's the OCD talking, but I like cleaning up and arranging everything juuust right.
                  LOL he's not kidding. I saw him earlier with a ruler making sure the spacing between aircraft was just right ;)
                  Jex.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                    Yeah, I sort of have a slight case of ocd my self. I prefer support roles as much as possible, as i feel much better when i know I'm being as useful as possible, and often taking the jobs that others may find boring. I also prefer to play the MG/AR 99.9% of the time, as i have no problem providing suppressive fire, rather then trying to play an effective killer.

And i apologize for always coming about like a vehicle hound, but to honest, I'd rather drive/fly people around, then do the actual gunning my self.

My two sense.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X