Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Guys i have a Dell XPS 410 with 1gb ram and a 256mb graphics card ati i want to upgrade to play arma smoothly!

Re: Help!

You sure its only 1 gig of ram?

Just add another gig of ram to your system if you have a slot for it. Should work good.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Yes my pc is about a year old and ive got one gb of ram but would it help if i had a 512 or even a 1gb graphics card

Comment

your better off getting another gig of ram. Not only would your pc run better for gaming but over all operations would be better. And adding another gig of ram is cheaper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Well im deffintely going to do that my bro works for pc place he can get me ram really cheap!

Comment

They are right another gig or 2 of ram would be a big boost, but so would a newer gfx card. Do you know what card you are using now?

If your bro works at a computer store, he might be able to get you a new ATI 4850 for super cheap ($150) and that would have you playing ARMA even better than me.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Dell is notorious for making cases that are nigh un-upgradable, so RAM is the only logical extension of his PC. After that, the 7900GS is going to have to last until a new, proper computer is built.

Comment

I have a ATI Radeon 1300 pro. I have the money to upgarde to a new gfx card but will i be ok with this one?

Comment

The 1300 Pro is (barely) good enough to run ArmA, but only just. As I said before, you will have a terrible time getting a new video card installed successfully.

Comment

Actually, I have heard the XPS wern't that bad at allowing for a gfx. card upgrade.
                    I would say for about $200 you could be playing ARMA really smooth, and that's saying a lot considering how resource hungry it is.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Are you sure you're using a 410? Most 410s I know of have 2GBs of RAM and a 7900GS.

Also, bare minimum you'd need a GPU upgrade and another stick of RAM. Your CPU is fine. Can't find motherboard specs to see what options you have for video card, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        Are you sure you're using a 410? Most 410s I know of have 2GBs of RAM and a 7900GS.

Also, bare minimum you'd need a GPU upgrade and another stick of RAM. Your CPU is fine. Can't find motherboard specs to see what options you have for video card, though.

I wonderd the same thing, cause basic specs include both those things.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...