Tactical Gamer Primer and SOP Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tactical Gamer Primer and SOP Video

Well, I remembered the discussion of a video concerning the Tactical Gamer Primer and SOP so I decided to throw together a short video about both. Let me know if you have any use for it. If you do, it is still possible to edit/add/remove stuff, if not I enjoyed the practice anyway. So let me know what you think, I was a little dissapointed cause Youtube really butchered the quality of the video...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlZhso2S8Qw[/media]

Re: Tactical Gamer Primer and SOP Video

Any video that takes the ideology of TG and puts it into practice is great.

Thanks for putting this together!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Some constructive criticism since this is still in the "design" phase:

-the early, semi-transparent red font is incredibly difficult to read. Red as a general rule is a poor choice of font color because it contrasts greatly with most moving backgrounds. Try orange, or gold, and lower the transparency.

-the paragraphs in white are too small to read easily.

-credit the song!

Good job nonetheless, looks great!

Comment

great concept. I like it. The red font is hard to read. Theme to "The Great Escape"?...love that movie.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

First off, thanks for the constructive criticism appreciate it.
          And working on fixing some of those things...big difference from viewing it on my comp to viewing it on youtube...I might end up hosting it on veoh to see if the quality will look better in the compressed .avi format on veoh than it did on youtube, otherwise I'll probably just end hosting it on veoh or something in the original windows audio/media file format...i'll re-post the video once i'm done editing the new suggestions

Comment

That's some nice work mate, its great to see the constructive side in the ArmA community, well done!

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Zhf8Ai_NM[/media]
              Alright new improved, edited video is up. Saved it in a different format at the loss of the watermark at the bottom left. However, by doing this quality improved and size of file decreased...youtube still brings down the quality a little in the current file format, but not as much as when it was in Avi format. So let me know what you guys think, changed the font colors and sizes of font in various places, hopefully everything is clear, readable, and understandable now :D

Comment

great video nicely done
                "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

..Fatboy Slim. Always a classic...? Well done though. Another constructive criticism. The ROE's. Possibly putting them on different pages?

Atomic Dog: Do it, hit it with a crowbar!
                  Delta: I don't have a crowbar.
                  Atomic Dog: Hit it with the dog!

Ednos: I just need to man up and get ready to have a testicle removed (which is what using Vista feels like)

Comment

Wow, awesome work. I like the way this is coming along. I too have some constructive comments:
                    • Change the order of the rules presented to follow the order one would encounter them in game. So, put the communication rules in first. I'd also suggest putting in a 'when you join the server for the first time...' screen that tells folks to use text chat to locate the commander and receive orders before doing anything.
                    • The comm rules are too many words on one screen. Also don't use colored text - stick with black or white depending on background.
                    • Break the fire orders up as well (too many words on screen).
                    • Maybe add a screen saying 'before doing something, ask yourself : did my CO or SL approve this?"

Lastly - this is a great video, but I think it would be so much more effective if we actually filmed a 5-minute training video in game, using real actors and voices. Basically covering the same things (TG rules, comm rules, fire and squad rules), but in live action.

Thanks for starting this up!

Comment

Will work on some of the stuff mentioned when I get home this afternoon.
                      And agreed Mosely, we would just have to set up a time for filming and get some willing actors for that to work. It would be cool to do, I wish I would have had my video capturing software installed when Blackdog performed his squad movement mission because stuff like that would obviously be even better...

Comment

Maybe we should film a what not to do part of the video to and shoot some examples (somone charging the enemy and getting himself and the rest of the squad killed)
                        "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X