• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A 10

Jeepo, are you trying to make me horny? :D

Here is another great one:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=403_1204057873

and just because:

(edit: imageshack seems to be bugged right now, but there are some pics below)

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I love that plane..you can't get enough of the awesome noise it makes when it fires its main canon.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
        I love that plane..you can't get enough of the awesome noise it makes when it fires its main canon.
        Unless, of course, you are the one its being fired at...

Comment

For me the A10 has lost some of it's character with the engine upgrade.

I remember being on a joint forces exercise in the Welsh Brecon Beacons when we had A10 support for tank targets.

These things had the most "Eeerie" engine note, which was a low moan/whine unlike any other jet. Now with the new upgraded Pratt and Whitney engines, they sound like any other jet. The cannon still remains a fearsome sound! :D
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Heh, bet that made you happy knowing you got A 10 support, I think I would be the happiest pilot out in Iraq/Afghanistan if I was flying an A10, titanium bathtub and one sexy Gau 8 to go along with it, the A10Cs are also a pretty impressive upgrade from the old ones...
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
              For me the A10 has lost some of it's character with the engine upgrade.

I remember being on a joint forces exercise in the Welsh Brecon Beacons when we had A10 support for tank targets.

These things had the most "Eeerie" engine note, which was a low moan/whine unlike any other jet. Now with the new upgraded Pratt and Whitney engines, they sound like any other jet. The cannon still remains a fearsome sound! :D
              That upgrade may prove to be a mistake, psychologically. For instance, the sound the Stuka made was probably as terryifying to soldiers on the ground as the threat the aircraft itself posed.

Comment

I love the A10 though I never use it in ArmA. It's just such a mean SOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                  I love the A10 though I never use it in ArmA. It's just such a mean SOB.
                  Yeah but I will sure use it whenever i get a joystick.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by Davies View Post
                    Unless, of course, you are the one its being fired at...
                    We called in an A-10 for air support once, and you'll be interested to know that if you're anyone close to being near what the A-10's strafing you'll hear the rounds impacting and detonating well before you ever hear the *brrrRRRRTTT!* of the cannon firing.

Scared the crap out of all of us. Out of the blue: *boomboobooboomboboooomboomboom!* and then about 1 / 1.5 full second(s) later: *bbbRRRRTTT*.

The Mavericks look pretty awesome streaking in, too. Looks like a flare, but you suddenly realize that the flare is rapidly accelerating in a straight line and you're, like, "Oh, ****! That's a Maverick!" *fwwwOOOSSHHT* *kaaRUUMP!*:)

Comment

The noise that thing makes when it's delivering payloads is just scary.

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

Comment

Originally posted by Gillespie View Post
                        We called in an A-10 for air support once, and you'll be interested to know that if you're anyone close to being near what the A-10's strafing you'll hear the rounds impacting and detonating well before you ever hear the *brrrRRRRTTT!* of the cannon firing.

Scared the crap out of all of us. Out of the blue: *boomboobooboomboboooomboomboom!* and then about 1 / 1.5 full second(s) later: *bbbRRRRTTT*.

The Mavericks look pretty awesome streaking in, too. Looks like a flare, but you suddenly realize that the flare is rapidly accelerating in a straight line and you're, like, "Oh, ****! That's a Maverick!" *fwwwOOOSSHHT* *kaaRUUMP!*:)

Wow. It never occured to me that the rounds would be faster than the speed of sound, though of course it seems obvious now that they would be. Most armaments are. That combined with the fact that the aircraft attacks from a distance...you'd be dead before you even knew the aircraft was in the area.

It makes me feel all the more sorry for those Brits that were accidentally targeted by the A10s in Iraq a year or 2 ago. What's worse is that they were strafed several times, it must have been horrible...terrifying.

Comment

The A-10 is a brill anti-armour weapon great in all aspects except speed,in Arma especially,it is easy to fly and the main GAU-8 cannon is very easy to auim and fire,BRILLIANT!.
                          WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...