Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2 MODS

Hello All,

I am sure you as well as I, have enjoyed playing on server 2 with your favourite sound mods etc. Personally it has just reinvented the game for me all over again, as I have just started using te FDF sound mod which is excellent and the closest I have heard yet to certain real world sounds.

Anyway..... my request is this.

As responsible gamers, I would like to ask you all to limit yourselves to just "3" (Three) "addons". This should hopefully alow people to use their sound mod, an effects mod and whatever else is most important to the player.

By sticking to no more than 3, we can all help to maintain a more stable server. Whilst this is not a "Ban" type of rule if breached, I am asking for players to respect this, as we decide how the servers run with mods allowed.

If all is good, we can then look forward to planning advance games on a Sunday like a "SWAT" style game, etc and we can post the required mod a week or so in advance.

Many thanks and see you on the island!

BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Server 2 MODS

Wait...are mods now enabled on server 2?

BTW, Blacky, you have to try HiFi. Best sound mod out there.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

Blacky.....BLACKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Hifi prewarn you of the whistling wind sound of my hand flying through the air and clipping ya ear! :D
      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
        Blacky.....BLACKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will Hifi prewarn you of the whistling wind sound of my hand flying through the air and clipping ya ear! :D
        Dont think any mod out there would do this. Good thing for me ;)

But yeah..are Mods enabled on srvr 2 ? if so we have to make sure people dont run 10 mods.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

The number of mods doesn't have as much to do with it as WHAT you are modding.

Case in point: I can put 3 GB of mods into a single folder called "@mods" ...

The mods that tax the system are mods that create objects that need to be broadcast to other players .. smoke mods (with viewblock, even worse) are prime examples. Replacement mods aren't as bad .. but again, they broadcast the object's config etc. when you connect (AFAIK).

Ideally, the server should be set up with a "required" list of mods, and then have a very limited selection of mods you can have as "extra", ie: sound mods. If the server and client are all running the same mods (as far as actual objects are concerned) there will be far less lag ... in my experience.

Comment

I agree, we need to not take a mile in this instance. People have requested the allowance of mods so they can benefit from the sounds and effects. If people start joining with a huge list of mods we may lose the use of any mods all together

Comment

I am not going to name names, but some of you have actually tried to connect with 12, yes 12 separate mods running. Knowing that it screws up your own machine's game play and frame rates, why would you ever consider imposing that on your fellow gamer?
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

I am happy running just 2 mods right now. The scope fix mod, which fixes the sights of scoped rifles and binoculars so they can be used fairly accurately in calculating range and the sight adjustment mod so I can actually adjust MoA.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                  I am not going to name names, but some of you have actually tried to connect with 12, yes 12 separate mods running. Knowing that it screws up your own machine's game play and frame rates, why would you ever consider imposing that on your fellow gamer?
                  As it's been said before, it isn't so much how many but what they do. I don't see 12 mods that fix small problems in the game as a major issue, whereas 12 mods that might communicate with other players, the server, or hog resources I'd understand being apprehensive about.

PS: Parabellum, MOA is for pansies! Mil you turd!

Comment

Perhaps we could take a vote one which specific mods to allow, re-package them into a single 'Tactical Gamer Required Mods' file, and put it somewhere where players can get to it? I'm sure we could all agree one a good sound mod, a good effects mod, and a mod to tweak a few things like scopes and such.

Comment

Not a chance in hell will you get everyone to agree on one sound mod.

Besides that, I think it's just too much micromanaging. This "gentlemen's agreement" works.

Comment

Originally posted by Sc[ + ]pe View Post
                        Not a chance in hell will you get everyone to agree on one sound mod.

Besides that, I think it's just too much micromanaging. This "gentlemen's agreement" works.
                        QFT. Please don't impose a mandatory sound mod, I like what I like, others like what they like (even if there wrong :row__596: ) I think a list of known mods that are going to cause problems could be posted, ones that are going to cause performance issues or un-fair advantages etc.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X