New system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New system

I have a new computer and i've been bugging myself to get ArmA for it.

Heres the specs.

CPU: Intel [email protected]
    Memory: Corsair-800mhz 2gigs
    Hard Drive: 1x 500gig 7200RPM
    GPU: EVGA 8800GT 512mb
    Soundcard: Onboard
    Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
    MoBo:EVGA 780i 3-way sli

Yes i have a mic.

I was wondering how the game would run at 1280*1024 resolution (native for my monitor).
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: New system

1280x1024 I'd imagine you could get fairly high settings, although I'd expect AA and AF would be low.

Comment

Nerd stop following me around everywhere mate! Welcome to ARMA :D

I have a similar setup like you, although i have 4 gigs of ram and a 8800 GTS OC. I run at 1280x1024 at high settings. I had to turn post processing and aa down to low (under advanced) to get it smooth. I suggest you do the same.

Cya in there :D

Comment

I would have to agree with the above posts. A mix of high settings will work well for you. I find that AA only needs to be at 2x, any higher and it can really cripple things, having it off though really kills the visuals for me (read to many jaggies).

Some settings like shadows can have really big effect on performance so pick what looks best for you.

Comment

Yes you could. its only a mater of tweaking and finding the right settings for you.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

With Vista64, it would be a huge boost if you went with at least 4 gigs of ram. And considering how cheap good ram is, you could get some for like $30. Or you might even just want to get a 4 gig kit and be running with 6 gigs total, which would cost about $60.

For instance:

CORSAIR 4GB (2 x 2GB)

or

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Bamboo check your PMs.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

Thank you, once i am able to go to an electronics store (only a Wal-Mart here :P) i'll buy this, is Queens Gambit necessary.
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Not at all. In fact, I recommend against buying it purely because it is the first thing you'll need to disable to play on server 2.

PS: My hardware just arrived, too. 4870 and E8600, to be installed tomorrow. Interested in seeing maxed-out FPS.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X