Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion: Tactical Gamer Event Addon pack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: Tactical Gamer Event Addon pack?

Hello guys i was just thinking why not make a addon pack from various addons allready made by community for event server? That way we could experiance far more reallistic scenarios during midweek or weekend events!

For example an addon pack that server requires when players join. Someone could put together some addons like Johnys Marines, or units and weapons from Chechnya warfare mod, Cold War Rearmed and maybe Project 85? That way it wont be so boring everytime when we allways play as same old U.S. marines :)

For example we could be playing Russian special forces send out to clean a area in Chechnya?
    Or play as African Guerilla fighters(Rebels) and ambush militia (Bush Wars Mod)
    Even play as marines in Vietnam, British tropps in Afghanistan e.t.c...

It could allso include mandatory 6th sense tracers and blood, NWD ballistics (Very Reallistic) and so on...

Other ArmA communities have it, i dont see why not :D!

Just a suggestion!

Re: Suggestion: Tactical Gamer Event Addon pack?

I don't get bored playing the same model but I would like a variation (added to the standard game though instead of an add on). However, even with these mods installed you still need the missions to play them - they won't work on the missions that are already on the server as they are all for vanilla arma.

BTW 6th sense tracers are client side, meaning you load it on your machine and it works from there. May be the same for NWD as well. They don't need to be on the server.
    Jex.

Comment

Yes i know that some of them are client side. But it is possible for server to require certain PBO's to be installed in clients mod folder right?

Comment

I'm not aware the server can force mods and I wouldn't think it likely to happen here as we all have differring opinions on mod use. What Mods were you thinking of?
        Jex.

Comment

Johnys Marines and Special Forces

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3461
          http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...=addons&id=535

Chechnya Warfare Mod (and) RHS Weapons And Units

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3182

(RHS mod inclueds Mi-24 Hind) :D

British Infantry
          http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=3347

WP insurgents
          http://www.armedassault.info/index.p...=addons&id=550

Comment

All those mods need to be installed on the server and to be included in the mission itself. They aren't client side only mods, right? This then limits the missions available to play as most are made with vanilla arma in mind and also that everyone have different tasts and may not like some of the mods listed. For these reasons, i think it's difficult to force mods on a community server.
            Jex.

Comment

Dude you read my mind. I cant even use sound mods on our server

Comment

This is what im using as replacement:
                http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1185

which means all my models look like this. Except the default woodland model.
                Its a client run mod, so it doesnt affect Server's performances.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                The BigC

Comment

I use the same one Xmaster. The full ACU suits are the only reason I used XAM, that is, until I found out about that smaller modification.
                  "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

I would love this. I think its time we got some variation on islands and missons.
                    and i would also love to play as different armies especially birts haha, so great idea im all up for it.
                    PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Good idea, but I would say, in my opinion, the new things we need on the server are a new island, new weapons and small addons such as animations etc.

Comment

The admins are on the case right now in our private section. I think you will like where our thinking is going.........:D
                        Last edited by Bamboo; 10-04-2008, 02:27 PM.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                          The mods are on the case right now in our private section. I think you will like where are thinking is going.........:D
                          That made me horny....
                          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

There are some MODs loaded, but we will have to impose on some of you to help us try them out in the next few days! ;)

They are server MODs, that will be required to be on the clients machine as well. That means you will have to download them prior to playing on the server or else you cannot connect.
                            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

rgr that big c.

Just say which ones we need and I'll download them in my ISP happy hour.
                              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...