Possible Idea for TVT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Idea for TVT

Might be a good idea when playing TvT, makes the game a bit more interesting.

You guys if you want can decide the rules
    Arma name: Cueball, -19D-Cueball, or L.Cpl. Vowels
    PR name: Sleeper68, Cu3b4ll
    2142:sleeper68

Re: Possible Idea for TVT

And that idea would be? Because I dont see any in your thread mate :P

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

omg i can't believe i just did that, see what a couple days without sleep will do to ya.

Alright anyways. My idea would be a POW system we could implement(no scripting just the player putting down his weapon and surrendering) It would totally make the game more interesting. Maybe once captured the POW is only allowed to use Direct communication and the capturing force must immediately report it over Global s the POW wont be considered AWOL due to comm block.

Comment

How will you encourage people to take POWs? I suspect that in most encounters, the enemy would simply shoot a surrendering player instead of bothering with the logistical headache of POW-herding. :)

Comment

Maybe just do it on server#2 if we can get enough people to agree to play along.

Comment

The problem, I think, is not in getting people to agree to the rules but that there is no reason, or easy way, to capture POWs. What is the incentive to trying to arrest an enemy soldier? And why won't an enemy soldier just turn around and shoot you in the face?

Comment

i can see how it would be difficult, but maybe only do it for the missions where a town has to be captured. what if a squad of guys go in to try to take the town but are over run and take cover inside a building. most likely in this situation they will run low on ammo. the the hostile surrounding them can ask for them to surrender. if they do, they can just be held captive in any of the buildings in the town

Comment

I would rather see players make a run for it and the the Opfor go hunting!!!
                BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                  I would rather see players make a run for it and the the Opfor go hunting!!!
                  An ArmA TvT version of Behind Enemy Lines, the Owen Wilson film (who would have thought he could play a serious role?), now that would be something to behold!

Comment

An ArmA TvT version of Behind Enemy Lines, the Owen Wilson film (who would have thought he could play a serious role?), now that would be something to behold!
                    Give me a few hours.

Comment

Ok, its mostly done, still have a few things to tweak though. It works out to be 52 players max, but should still be playable with about 20.
                      BLUFOR briefing:
                      After depositing a large amount of advanced munitions in the friendly militia camp in Ixel, the UH-60L you were flying in has taken anti-air artillery fire disabling the swash plate and forcing you to make a hard landing in the mountainous foot hills of the Sierra Mastbete range. Its doubtful friendly militias know your location, however it is certain that SLA forces stationed in various strong points near your crash site are mounting up to capture or kill you. Before your crash you relayed your last position to a RACS FOB near Corazol, they promised you a quick reaction force is being deployed, the status of which is currently unknown. It may be possible to contact the QRF by radio, however, the RACS doesn't use encrypted communications so it is likely the SLA can hear all your messages. But now the most important part is to stay alive and avoid capture. The SLA is closing in on your crash site rapidly, you will probably have to relocate and wait for the QRF. Your ultimate goal is to get to the secure zone at the Paraiso Air Base.
                      OPFOR briefing:
                      Earlier today the radar station on Antigua detected a hostile rotary craft around the Mastbete area. All SLA anti air craft garrisons in the area opened fire upon visually identifying a single UH-60 black hawk. It is believed they scored multiple directs hits to the aircraft. Less than 10 minutes ago friendly militiamen from Eponia contacted the Pita air base. They have located the crash site, however the status of the crew is still unknown. All area bases are being mobilized immediately. It is essential any surviving crew is located and destroyed as a bold symbol to America to refrain from meddling in the North's operations. RACS and US forces will undoubtedly launch rescue attempts. It is imperative they are impeded until we can locate any surviving crew.
                      RACS briefing:
                      30 minutes ago we received a frantic mayday call from a US helicopter operating near Benoma. They had been hit by enemy fire and were coming in hard on the landing. They relayed to us their last position, however, it is still unclear if anyone has survived the impact. We have been busy mobilizing a quick reaction force to secure the crash site and locate any survivors. The SLA is most likely also attempting to reach the downed helicopter. If the SLA does capture any veteran crew they will be able to extract detailed information about RACS and US operations on the island, or they may simply kill them. Either way the end result could be devastating for the upcoming US-RACS joint offensive. Therefore the QRF must move north to the crash site, and extract any survivors to the secure zone at the Paraiso air base. We may be able to reach any survivors on their survival radios, however, they are unencrypted so the SLA may be listening in.

Comment

Just PM me when you want to try it Sam. Must be good.
                        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I just submitted it to the depot, so we can play it as soon as its uploaded (and we get a decent amount of people).

Comment

So pilot anytime he talks he is basiclly on global chat correct?
                            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

That's the idea.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse