Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello! I thinki this game is what I'm looking for...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! I thinki this game is what I'm looking for...

Hello all,

I love realistic tactical shooters, but gotta be honest, haven't played a decent one since Rainbow Six series and Ghost Recon. It's been a few years.

Never played Operation Flashpoint and I'm just now finding out about Arma.

My FPS skills are a bit rusty.

I was going to ask if anyone still plays this game but the forum activity seems to have answered that.

So my next question is - to join the Arma server(s) here, do you need to be "the best"? Do you only allow n00bs to join on certain designated nights?

I've got a wife and kid (16months old) so my gaming time is limited. I hope it's ok to join and play for an hour or two here and there during the week?

Thanks!

Re: Hello! I thinki this game is what I'm looking for...

Mate you are welcome here at anytime!

Congrats on finding ArmA and I am sure once the bug bites you will be hooked!!!

Catch the majority on between 6pm EST and Midnight EST US time, whilst there is also a growing European base here at TG.

Any questions or not sure what your doing ingame, please do not hesitate to ask as everyone here will be more than happy to help.

Enjoy and look forward to seeing you on the servers.

Best
    BD1
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Welcome to the rest of your gaming career Morvak :)
      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Morvak View Post
        So my next question is - to join the Arma server(s) here, do you need to be "the best"? Do you only allow n00bs to join on certain designated nights?
        Attitude is much more important than personal skill. TG has never to my knowledge restricted people from playing because they're not "the best" in-game - rather, it's based on people being pleasant to play with. Really, if there was a "You must be this (_____) good to play with us" rule at TG, it wouldn't make much sense for them to run a public server, would it? ;)

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world that is ArmA and Tactical Gamer. Hope to see you in-game!

Comment

Welcome aboard Morvak. I think you find you are not alone being a family man here. A lot of us have lives outside of gaming, so we understand limited playing time. As for skill or knowledge, I would not stress that too much. The only way to learn is o jump on the server and ask for help. Everyone here picked the game up at some point, so we were all "noobs" at one point...

Welcome aboard!
            "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Jump on the server and get going mate.
              You'll learn the drill pretty fast. No need to be the best. Just need to be fun to play with.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

Welcome Morvak. Arma takes some time to get used to. It is a bit frustrating at first but once you get a hang of it theres nothing better :row__572:

We have a whole mix of players with varying skills but as Dslyecxi pointed out attitude is more important.

Don't worry about the family obligations. I have had to jump up in the middle of a mission for both my daughters "AFK for 5 min, have to change a poopy bum", that has been said by me more then once :row__593:

Comment

The real question is when are the big events going to start getting more notice?

Lets get some announcements up on the home page to pull some new players into the server!

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
                    Welcome Morvak. Arma takes some time to get used to. It is a bit frustrating at first but once you get a hang of it theres nothing better :row__572:

We have a whole mix of players with varying skills but as Dslyecxi pointed out attitude is more important.

Don't worry about the family obligations. I have had to jump up in the middle of a mission for both my daughters "AFK for 5 min, have to change a poopy bum", that has been said by me more then once :row__593:

yukkk....been there...done that...glad you can take the mantle LB...

no seriously...welcome aboard. We'll see you on Sahrani.
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Thanks for the responses! Sounds like just the right kind of atmosphere (fun, mature, etc.) I'm looking for too.

Now, where is a good place to buy the game, and any "deals" out there where I can get it less than retail?

Also, should I buy the Gold edition?

Finally- should I buy this or just wait for Arma2 ?

Comment

I've seen brand-new copies of ArmA on eBay for $5-$10. If you can't wait for something like that, I'd recommend using Steam to purchase the game, which is the route I chose.

The Gold edition simply adds a few single-player missions, so unless you're inclined to play a lot of SP, I'd advise against it (of note, though, is that some mods require Gold to use).

ArmA 2 isn't due out for quite some time (think this time next year), so go ahead and pick up the original and join the fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                          Attitude is much more important than personal skill. TG has never to my knowledge restricted people from playing because they're not "the best" in-game - rather, it's based on people being pleasant to play with. Really, if there was a "You must be this (_____) good to play with us" rule at TG, it wouldn't make much sense for them to run a public server, would it? ;)
                          I can vouch for this. I have quite the lousy attitude, and I've been kicked around the servers across ArmA for it. So having a can-do 'tude, a positive mentality and the ability to work with others is very important.
                          Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

If realism is what you want ArmA is the game to play! See you server side Morvak
                            "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

Hey, welcome to the community! You'll find out pretty soon (I'm sure you already have) that the people here are great and very pleasant to interact with so don't be afraid to ask questions in-game!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X