Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, if this isn't a fine how-do-you-do (The Latest from the Gulf of Aden)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, if this isn't a fine how-do-you-do (The Latest from the Gulf of Aden)

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

If that ship gets ashore, some warlords there are gonna have themselves a bunch of shiny new toys without ammo (or if they get lucky, land themselves some ammo for them)...either way, it's a new propane tank thrown into the bonfire that is Somalia.
    Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Re: Well, if this isn't a fine how-do-you-do (The Latest from the Gulf of Aden)

I wonder if they have 22inch Rims for T72's in Somalia!!!!!!!!!!!

:D
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Psht, my grandmother could take down a T-72 by spitting on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
        I wonder if they have 22inch Rims for T72's in Somalia!!!!!!!!!!!

The ship is carrying spare parts for the T-72s, dude. This includes the rims. :P

But, honestly, I am VERY concerned about this shipment because if it gets ashore it could mean opening a whole new can of **** hitting the fan in Somalia.
        Hey guys, this is a public service announcement from NKato. I am Deaf, so when the helo goes down, you're best off typing "AAAAAAAAIIIEEEEE!!!" instead of attempting to scream it. Thanks!

Comment

Nope...no it doesnt..... Should it be needed.....

1 team of SAS..... problem gone, no fuss.

Back home for tea!

BD1
          BlackDog1

Comment

Bah, why use people? Just drop a couple of bombs!

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.

Comment

Originally posted by DeePsix View Post
              Bah, why use people? Just drop a couple of bombs!

The pirates are holding the ship's crew hostage and have demanded a $5m ransom and no military action - if the military makes a move, they'll off the hostages.

additionally, the USN in the area is keen to not allow the ship to get ashore - even then, it is unknown whether or not Somalia's docks have the facilities to offload the tanks. (Hence why the pirates didn't seize the cargo and simply sail for Somalia)

Comment

Bah, that will be easy to fix too. I agree with BlackDog then. It'll be as easy as Call of Duty 4.

or maybe we could call team Rainbow

Last edited by DeePsix; 09-28-2008, 06:16 PM.

PR Testing Team: Serious Business.

Comment

In fact would suspect there is an SBS team on the scene now!
                  Last edited by Blackdog1; 09-30-2008, 02:42 PM. Reason: typo monkey!
                  BlackDog1

Comment

My vote would be for the SAS to quell this before it got out of hand.

As far as any US involvement...

It is too close to an election period and no one wants that on their list of achievements if it goes south in hand basket muy pronto.

Comment

Heheheh apparently according to today's reports they are starting to shoot at each other!! A nice little quote here:

"Earlier, the pirates said they would rather fight than surrender.

"I warn any military operation that, if we are attacked, we will defend ourselves until the last one of us dies," one of the hijackers told the BBC."

All I say to that is...

STANDBY...STANDBY......

BlackDog1

Comment

One problem. The U.S. or the British will need to act ASAP before the Russians get there. A Russian Destroyer is on the way, and once it gets there, things are gonna get a LOT more tense - especially if the Russians make a move for the ship.

Comment

Well to be fair, it probably is THEIR problem, I think the Brits and the US are more there to stop them offloading any gear.

Pirates + Spetznatz = Good Firefight TV! :)
                          BlackDog1

Comment

I say just sit back and let em kill each other, its Somalia, its GOING to happen....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                              Well to be fair, it probably is THEIR problem, I think the Brits and the US are more there to stop them offloading any gear.

Pirates + Spetznatz = Good Firefight TV! :)
                              One wonders. If the US and Brits just stood off and let the Russians take charge - which is their right to do so since they have ethnic russians onboard that ship - things would get REALLY interesting.

Though I'd prefer that we had the SAS defuse this situation quickly. There was another report on CNN about the pirates - there are two pirate factions on the ship now! One that's extremist, willing to die and do a lot of stupid things and the sensible, moderationist pirate faction that wants to surrender to the authorities and live. There was a gunfight between those two groups that left three (or so) pirates dead.

This is very interesting...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X