Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ISO Addon Help in TS friday night or this weekend?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISO Addon Help in TS friday night or this weekend?

Before you read the rest of my post, i should have retitled my post as Addon Help in TS this weekend.....let me know if anyone is around.

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
    Mod folders are a very simple way to launch your game with or without mods to make one you must do this process listed below step by step. First go to your ArmA directory this will be found in my computer, C drive, Program Files, Atari or Bohemia interactive,ArmA once in the directory make a new folder starting with the @ symbol then you may name it what ever you want. so the name of the folder should look like this @mod or whatever you named it then go into that folder and make a new folder called Addons then go into the addon folder you just created and put all your mods there. Now go to your ArmA shortcut make a copy of it. Take the copy and right click it and click properties now go to the target line and add a space to the end and type -mod= then type the name of the mod folder and hit ok so it should look like this "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\arma.exe" [email protected] when you start up this shortcut you will have your mods on when you start up your original shortcut you will have no mods

I really liked what i saw in the above quote, but does it really work? I thought each mod had to have its own separate folder?

I recently tried to log onto the public server but saw that I cannot, i think this is due to testing of new maps? or content that i haven't downloaded.

However I recently downloaded a NVG HDR mod, but for some reason it didn't work, to be quite honest i am really shaky on this whole addon stuff, and i did recently download the Arma Launcher but am all around just shaky and not confident enough to DL add-ons and mess with the line thingy in the properties part of the icon (i know this doesn't make sense but bear with me i am a novice computer fellow).

With that in mind I was wondering if any experienced add-on TG Arma member wouldn't mind spending a bit with me and also suggest some add-ons to DL. I did like the 1st cav mod that xmaster posted in the forums and maybe there is a vegatation mod, and maybe i can re-dl that nvh hdr mod.

I really don't want to go overboard, and ill probably have to register to armaholic, but if anyone wouldn't mind spending a bit helping me to add these mods on I would be very appreciative. (anyone have a thing where you can connect to my computer, and add the addons for me? ha jk, it would be nice but i do need to learn how to do this)

Shoot me a PM or post in here, I am in Southern Westchester in New York and am in the Eastern Time Zone Area, or you might have heard of it as the home of the 2008 Super Bowl Champion New York Giants, ask Grunt he knows all about it.

But i am looking forward to hopefully finally seeing if i can add some addons.

P.S.

I have several icons on my desktop, one that is a regular ArmA icon, one that has the old SIMHQ addons (unless they have a new update i dl the simhq addons i think in july), and another one called arma+misc that supposedly has the hdr add on but i might just take it out since it doesn't work.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: ISO Addon Help in TS friday night or this weekend?

My suggestions for mods would be:

ArmA Effects
    Gets rid of some of the crap effects in AmrA and replaces them with really sexy ones.

Truemods
    Clears up the screen, i love this one, but it is customisable, the read me should explain more....

A sound mod, there are numerous, i would suggest one for now, stick with it until you get comfortable with the mods process, then experiment. Check out the videos on Youtube. Personally, i prefer FDF....

FFAM (From'z Feeling ArmA Melioration Mod)
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2220

Chammy's
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1643

BPA Real Sound
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1613

FDF Sound Mod
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=896

HiFi
    http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3051

AACF

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2744

Thats the basics covered, anything else can probably wait mate. Get these up first. I believe the addon Xmaster was on about was a replacement mod, i wouldnt worry about that just yet. Also, yes, server one has 2 new islands on it that you will need to download to get working.

Avgani Iraq

Uhao Island

Im not here this weekend, rescheduled stuff etc, so i cant help you then, ut im at home now and if you are available, i can get you started?

Comment

I'm at work right now, doing some prelim testing of a portal for the company i work for, its confusing stuff let me tell u, but its cool to figure out what the bugs are etc.

Thank you though jeepo i will def download them and also read up on the wiki stuff and maybe bug some of the other members into giving me a hand. Thank you though.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Perhaps the TG admins could set up the packages to be automatically downloaded by Yoma's Addons Synchronizer
        The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic View Post
          Perhaps the TG admins could set up the packages to be automatically downloaded by Yoma's Addons Synchronizer
          If im not mistaken, they're working on that.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

Correct, we are working on a TG Synchronizer!

:D

BD1
            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed