Events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events

I haven't seen many players on ArmA lately maybe because I've been so busy during the week that I don't have time to check the TG forums until the weekend. I've been reading up about how the ArmA servers are almost always empty and came up with a solution where we can get together at LEAST once a week and have a great game with like 20 or more players. The solution is E-MAIL!

Most of y'all probably check your e-mail everyday so we could use this great tool to anounce any events coming up. Another way to get the word out is create a sticky thread specifically for events. We could have an easy-to-read format that could look like this:

EVENT WEEK 8 (15 Oct 08) OPERATIONS ORDER

TASK ORGANIZATIONS: TG COMMUNITY (ARMED ASSAULT)

1. SITUATION: To accomplish critical virtual mission.

2000 Rendezvous time to server #2
    2015 Mission Brief
    2040 Acquire all necessary equipments and gear up
    2100 Execute Operation Freedom
    2300 Predicted ending time of Operation Freedom
    2315 Return safely home and debrief
    2330 Dismissal

2. MISSION: To have all TG warriors in attendance and accomplish the following objectives:

Riflemen: Objective 1: Apply Comms SOP
    Objective 2: Apply effective followership and teamwork skills
    Objective 3: Apply TACTICS SOP – Fire discipline
    Objective 4: Comprehend proper TG customs and courtesies
    Leaders: Objective 5: Apply leadership and management skills in supervising the TG riflemen or through advanced
    leadership exercises
    Objective 29: Apply proper feedback and performance evaluation skills
    All: Objective 32: Comprehend issues and topics given in a Commander’s Call environment

3. EXECUTION: All TG warriors will report to server #2 NLT 2015. Do not be late.

Removal Date
    15 Oct @ 1815
    FROM THE COMMANDER

NOTE: This is just an example.

We could have this sent by e-mail or announced as a sticky thread one week prior to the event so everyone will know ahead of time and reconsider making plans during that time frame.

That way, we could bring as many people as we can in one event! Personally, I think e-mail would work better to get the word out about a particular event. What do ya'll think?

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Re: Events

As far as a sticky thread.... http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...mber-14th.html

Despite the fact there hasnt been one in a few weeks, we do have a sticky thread formatted for our weekly events :)
    Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
      As far as a sticky thread.... http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...mber-14th.html

Despite the fact there hasnt been one in a few weeks, we do have a sticky thread formatted for our weekly events :)
      Oh no, I don't mean special events. I mean just for regular game nights where people don't need to sign up or anything. All they have to do is show up if they want to. But the whole point of this is to let everyone know in advance about a game night so they can look forward to it instead of just going to either gametracker.com or game-monitor.com and see if there are any players in the server.

Most people will just check the server and if they see that there are just a few or even 0 players, they will probably not even consider joining b/c there are either too few people or none. So, instead of this happening, we should have a regular meeting-time at least once every week so people will know that during a particular time, there are going to be players playing which will attract more people to join the server.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Originally posted by nthamma View Post
        Oh no, I don't mean special events. I mean just for regular game nights where people don't need to sign up or anything. All they have to do is show up if they want to. But the whole point of this is to let everyone know in advance about a game night so they can look forward to it instead of just going to either gametracker.com or game-monitor.com and see if there are any players in the server.

Most people will just check the server and if they see that there are just a few or even 0 players, they will probably not even consider joining b/c there are either too few people or none. So, instead of this happening, we should have a regular meeting-time at least once every week so people will know that during a particular time, there are going to be players playing which will attract more people to join the server.
        Ahhh I gotcha.. Much like our Lockdown nights for CS .. .thats a great idea.
        Dizlor

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X