Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance of bringing back Domination, or Mando Domination or EVO w/ respawn or mhq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance of bringing back Domination, or Mando Domination or EVO w/ respawn or mhq

I know TG is in the phase of testing, and it was nice to see the 3rd inf training map up on the PW server, and I think i even saw 3 servers up the other day, or i might be mistaken but I was wondering if one of the public servers could be a add on friendly server with the exception of XAM (which has a tendency of crashing servers) and could possibly be a version of Mando in either Domination or Evo with Respawn. Or even regular Domination, or EVO with MHQ or Respawn.

I know there are many that do not like domination I think mostly because you can carry two weapons, or whichever the case, but it would attract players.

I might be preaching to the choir, and I know that the PW server usually is a version of Domination before many players come on and it switches to a coop mission etc...

Or would the use of the TG_Phase1 mod pack be too much of a stress on a public domination or evo server?
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Any chance of bringing back Domination, or Mando Domination or EVO w/ respawn or

IMO the #1 reason the TG server population is so low and the skill/coordination level is at such a low level is BECAUSE of domination and its "me-first!" lonewolf mentality.

I know myself and others who want to play will not join the server when domination is running, and I think its a poor opener because it does NOT require any teamwork or coordination and it actually REWARDS lonewolf behaviour.

You can go over the merits and downfalls of the domination mission, but in my opinion its downfalls hurt TG far more than its few merits are worth.

Comment

Re: Any chance of bringing back Domination, or Mando Domination or EVO w/ respawn or

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
      IMO the #1 reason the TG server population is so low and the skill/coordination level is at such a low level is BECAUSE of domination and its "me-first!" lonewolf mentality.

I know myself and others who want to play will not join the server when domination is running, and I think its a poor opener because it does NOT require any teamwork or coordination and it actually REWARDS lonewolf behaviour.

You can go over the merits and downfalls of the domination mission, but in my opinion its downfalls hurt TG far more than its few merits are worth.
      understandable, and a good answer.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

We have always had two servers running with one always available for smaller coops and tvt missions. The real problem is most players are sheep and afraid to seed a server to play a mission they would rather play than a domination or evo. They just join whichever has the largest population. This was compounded by the mod/no-mod pass/no-pass setup. This IMHO forced players onto one server. I would personally like to see a persistent, join in progress mission running. I'm not a big Domination fan because it really is just a commando missions strung together, but I do enjoy Evo and Warfare or any other CTI since you can actually have several different enemies(players and bots) to fight on a larger scale.

In my experience here at TG, the largest and most coordinated playing sessions were the weeknight Evo sessions that we ran some time ago where we would have to kick people to make room for those who signed up and were SM's.
        |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Originally posted by tHa_KhAn View Post

In my experience here at TG, the largest and most coordinated playing sessions were the weeknight Evo sessions that we ran some time ago where we would have to kick people to make room for those who signed up and were SM's.
          That is the truth, and when i first started playing arma a few months ago that is what drew me in, i guess I have been spoiled by domination, but i have played some really good missions/takings of cities with domination on where people actually retrieve enemy vechiles and bring them back to base and pick up the mhq or drive it to the next objective and all around play as a team, but then again that only happens once every blue moon or if an admin is on a server and really wants to be an enforcer.

Bamboo what was that one mission i played with you when i first started it was a COOP mission where you had to take out enemy arty pieces that were on a hill?
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...