X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Competition Details and Sign Up

“Your TG Admins bring you.....TG Helo Air Races 1”

November 16th 2008 – 2pm EST Server 2

(BlackDog wrote this, so if there are grammar issues or spelling mistakes, blame his lack of knowledge on the English Language :row__739:) (BD1 Note... BigC is a cheeky git!)

It’s time for some HAR!!!!!!!! Thus Fun!

Hello Pilots! You have chosen to take part in the first “TG Helo Air Races” and there will be more coming soon of different challenges and nature. The first is a simple “Time Trial” against the clock, via a way points course.

Up for grabs will be bragging rights and a much coveted “Air Cavalry Ribbon” –
    There will also be a “TG Hall of Fame” in the new TG Tournaments section, where winners of events will be listed by month, year and event.

The contest will be open for roughly 40 players to have a go in. The format will be simple and as follows:

All interested parties will sign up for the competition. There will be no practice and no knowledge of which Helo’s are to be used or the course.

All Pilots will sign into TG ArmA “Coop Play” TeamSpeak at 1.30pm EST for roll call. Spectators are welcome and encouraged and you can also be part of the fun.

When arriving in the server there will be various slots available:
    1. Umpire = Blackdog1- This is an officer role and he will sit in the passenger seat of the competition Helo.
    2. Competitor Pilot – Everyone will deselect and then the Umpire will call the first person on the list “Order to be pulled out of a hat” to get into the Pilot role.
    3. Chase Pilot – Any of the registered pilots in the competition will fly a “Chase Helo” to simply add some fun and recording ability.
    4. Civilians – There will be 40 civilian slots that will be reserved first and foremost for other competitors. Any slots that are left will be open to people wanting to join in and watch the “carnage!”

The civilians will take it in turns to either ride in the Competition helicopter as a passenger or in the chase helo as a passenger. Some will remain at base. This will change round every time a new round is started, so everyone should get to enjoy some of the fun!

The Rules:

The Competitor will be instructed to get into their helicopter at game start and wait with the engine off.

The Umpire will then get in. Passengers may or may not be able to get into the competition helo, but if there is space all spaces must be filled in order to remain fair to all pilots.

A registered competitor then may fly the chase Helo and all remaining slots in the chase helo can be taken by spectators, preferably recording.

The stopwatch will start upon the typed command “GO” on global channel by the Umpire. Pilots will then start their engines and the stopwatch will also start.

The Pilot must then follow the way points, hitting each one before progressing to the next, until they reach the base again at Paraiso.

When they land and the engine is turned off and the rotors stop spinning, the stop watch will be stopped.

At this point, penalties will be assessed as follows:
    1. If the Helo does not power up and able to make a take off, a penalty of 1 minute will be added to the competitors time for landing their helicopter too heavily at base.
    2. If the windscreen of the helicopter is cracked/damaged a penalty of 10 seconds will be applied to the competitors time.
    3. If the helicopter crashes at any point on the course, an instant maximum time penalty of 10 minutes will be given.
    4. A couple of additional challenges will be issued just before take off, which will either be completed mid-route or after time trial landing, same rules will apply to helicopter damage.
    5. If the pilot of the chase helicopter crashes, he will be given a 1 minute time penalty to his “competition time” whether he has completed his flight or not.

Once the flight has been timed and assessed for damage status, the mission will be restarted by the Umpire and we will do it all again with people rotating slots as required.

This will be a “one chance” go at the course and the clock. There is no doubt there might be one or two Fubar’ed Helo’s during this event, but we are also damn sure it will be quite entertaining to watch and be part of.

Each round should be reasonably quick lasting around 7 minutes.

The mission is ready to go (no bribes please to release early!) ;). It will be loaded just before the event so that there is no “cheating” or practicing going on.

Once all runs have been completed, the times will be listed on the forum (bragging rights) along with the winner listed and the award of the Ribbon!!

Expect more events along this line, involving tanks, other aircraft, boats and vehicles, just to add some fun to our game time here at TG!

Anyone interested, sign up below we will update the roster. Make sure you also include whether or not you can record video as a chase pilot.

Competitors Signed up:
    • Grambo
    • Jeepo_SAS
    • AdeptAbyss
    • MrPerea
    • Seeken
    • Naco
    • Sylerr
    Last edited by Blackdog1; 11-16-2008, 12:33 PM. Reason: Signed up players..
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Competition Details and Sign Up

Grambo signing up
    WE HAVE YOU COVERED

sigpic

Comment

Im in

Comment

Sign me up

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

So this is strictly time trials then ?? No style points will be awarded ?
          Dizlor

Comment

But you have no style mate so the question is moot! ;)
            BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Any precision landings required? Will the helicopter be randomly chosen, i.e. a surprise to the competitors?
              BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Ill sign up, managed to land that helo on top of the hotel last night.

Please dont give us an Mi17 :(

Comment

No questions and no answers either sign up or be a spectator....

C'mon you bunch of girls! let's see ya flight wings!

BD1
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Well I had to take myself off the list because unfortunately I have to work till 6pm eastern. If there is anyone who would like to possibly have one at like 6:30 or so... admin willing of course.. Id be down.

Pretty pissed actually.. I really want to do this. Sucks cuz Koala isnt signed up so that gives us all a very good chance :D
                    Dizlor

Comment

Just found out that I shall be in Alabama this weekend, so that's it for me.
                      BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

If there're slots still open I'd like to enter. I've only been playing ArmA for almost a week, but this looks like a lot of fun!

Seeken
                        Seeken

Comment

If you don't mind a bit of procrastination sign me up as well.

Naco

Comment

I'm in!

What is the teamspeak IP? And do i need a mic to fly? becouse mine is broken yesterday.

PS

What is the password of the game server otherwise i cant get in :P
                            Last edited by Sylerr; 11-16-2008, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Read this for the password

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...passwords.html

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X