In-house rule for seagulls?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-house rule for seagulls?

Yesterday evening as I was working on a truck issue whilst in-game, I had several seagulls orbiting in very close proximity and otherwise generally getting in the way. When I am on server and events have led me to becoming a seagull, I usually try to fly a 'floor' or minimum altitude of around 50 meters so as to not interfere with the game or players.

Should we look at making a floor like that mandatory for seagulls? I know that folks like to participate vicariously, but the seagulls in the face bit is simply ridiculous.

-BoD
    Last edited by BarnacleofDoom; 11-24-2008, 12:41 PM. Reason: Can't spell, as usual. Don't bother to preview either.
    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Re: In-house rule for seagulls?

This has been discussed before, and i agree, seagulls are a bad idea, and should stay far enough away so as not to interfere. Except if a certain someone gets a truck stuck in a lamp-post, then it's on!!!;)

Comment

ArmA is a game that strives for realism, and I do not think we can truly call it a simulation until players who have become seagulls can drop seagull do do on to unsuspecting player's heads! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Davies View Post
        ArmA is a game that strives for realism, and I do not think we can truly call it a simulation until players who have become seagulls can drop seagull do do on to unsuspecting player's heads! :D
        What?!?, please tell me there is something I'm missing here, or I'm buying this game to play as a seagull.
        Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

ARMA is NOT an authentic Seagull Simulation!!.... for that you must get the new BF3 when that comes out.. I hear that's what the delay is... getting the licensing and such down.. and the voice overs..
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

The reason to play is to die. The reason to die is to become SEAGULL!

Anyway, seagulls are a darn stupid spectating idea from the start. ArmA has the camera.sqs (controllable hover cam, for movies and intros) so why on earth did they choose a seagull? They can get in the way sometimes, but not enough to actually frustrate or annoy me. Another issue is that certain people given admin rights (voted in) can use Global Channel to help in giving targets or reconnaissance if they're so inclined. I will not give names, but it has been done before, mainly on slow nights with 3 people doing coop, thankfully have never seen it in events.

Comment

I seagull killed my chopper once O.o

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
              So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

LOL, i some missions, when you die, you come back as a seagull so you can witness the mission continue. When you die, no one but the other birds can hear you! I need a mod that makes it possible to crap on someone when I fly over.....

PS: Nice Holmes quote in your sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                  I need a mod that makes it possible to crap on someone when I fly over.....

PS: Nice Holmes quote in your sig!
                  Darn it! I would have seriously bought this game for that feature alone. To take an realistic game like this and have such an oddball feature really appealed to me :)

Thanks, I was surfing around one day and stumbled across this quote and it just seemed so fitting :row__739:
                  Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

We have talked about it before, get caught and you will be banned from the server. There is nothing more unrealistic then a bunch of clowns giving away my position to their teammates because of a flock of seagulls over my head.

Now if they are getting in the way on a Coop, same rule applies. Banned...

I know it can be boring when you are dead, but you must refrain from interfering with the game ongoing. Watching from a static position from a bit away is realistic, but being in my face will only piss me off and cause untold circumstances....
                    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                      We have talked about it before, get caught and you will be banned from the server. There is nothing more unrealistic then a bunch of clowns giving away my position to their teammates because of a flock of seagulls over my head.

Now if they are getting in the way on a Coop, same rule applies. Banned...

I know it can be boring when you are dead, but you must refrain from interfering with the game ongoing. Watching from a static position from a bit away is realistic, but being in my face will only piss me off and cause untold circumstances....
                      Here endeth the lesson!!!!

:D
                      BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Sir, I didn't do my homework! O_O

Comment

Originally posted by Harpo245 View Post
                          The reason to play is to die. The reason to die is to become SEAGULL!

For those who are about to die and become seagulls...we salute you.

Comment

Yes we do... Yes we do :'(

Comment

Originally posted by Harpo245 View Post
                              Sir, I didn't do my homework! O_O
                              Shhhhhhhhh fool! Just say a seagull ate it!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X