Return to Sunday Events

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return to Sunday Events

In an effort to revitalize and invigorate the ArmA community, we want to hear about returning to the Sunday events. In the past we had great success with running these events and attracting newer members along the way. We would like to continue that tradition once again, but we need feedback from you all on whether or not it is worth it.

The events do require a bit of planning and coordination on lots of people part. In a crack to get more of the community involved, I would like to have some sort of rotational “host” runs the entire event. What I am talking about is one of you all volunteer to organize and run the Sunday Event. As the “host”, you will have full control over mission selection, team organization, and all other things required for you to run the event. The one thing that will not be controllable will be the time, I would like to see that return to a standardized time on Sundays, plus it will give a sense of normalcy to meeting times. The admin team will support you by setting up all the parameters needed for you to accomplish this event. We will also be around to support you with any other concerns you may have.

If the Sunday Event is s large success, we can expand it to more times and dates based on availability.

The point of all this is get you all as a community more involved in the future of ArmA and ArmA2 (soon enough). This game is about all of us and they way we want to play here at Tactical Gamer.

Go ahead and discuss away some of your ideas and/or concerns.

*Edit. You guys have multiple choices you can make on the poll, you can pick two.
    I would like to see the Sunday Events return.
    65.91%
    Sunday is either a bad day or I am not interested.
    15.91%
    I would like to be a “host” and organize such an event!
    11.36%
    I am not interested in being the "host".
    6.82%
    Last edited by TheBigC; 12-06-2008, 09:23 AM.
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Re: Return to Sunday Events

Very nice momentum BigC, I thinks this exactly what the community is needing at the time, if you manage to make it European time friendly, as the 16:00 or 17:00 Eastern Time Zone would be great.

With all the mission being made inside TG, I think we'll have plenty of options on those events.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I was more thinking the 1500 or 1600 EST, for that exact reason. We used to do it at 1600, which seemed to get everyone a chance to jump in.

BTW, Jorge, you sparked an idea for one of the events... North American Vs Europe in a TvT mission! And we would even give you BlackDog back!!!:D
      "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

15:00 - 16:00 is even better!

BlackDog you can come back, everything is ok now, Margaret Thatcher is really gone... Just kidding...

Do we really have take him?
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I would be more than happy to churn out a mission designed specifically for an event if needed. Just PM me.

Comment

Would love to see this up again but sunday isnt the best day for me, I'm working or playing in another event on sunday.

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Would love for sundays to come back thats really the onlt time I get a chance to play.
              "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

The only issue I have with Sunday's is the fact that I like to get out and enjoy some of the outdoors having been inside all week working.
                BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

For all of you that would like to be in charge of one of these events, by all means get a hold of us and we can begin to help you on your way!!

And for those of you were Sunday is a bad day, we can also look at something like a Midweek event. The only issue with that one will be the times for our European team mates may exclude them.

Comment

Yeh, the 1500-1600 on a sunday works for me!
                    These were a success before, and it would be great to revitalise a once great community.

Sunday might not suit everyone. From what I have heard, Friday/Saturday suits a good few Europeans. During the Christmas Holidays, we could have events more often ( excluding Christmas ofcourse). I love the idea of Europe vs. N.America! Although, Europeans have the fighting spirit (or luck) of the Irish.

I wouldn't mind hosting one, I am not the most exerienced, but there's a first time for everything, and its all for fun, right?

PS: I have an idea. Possibly when ArmA2 comes out, we should have a charity event. It's commonplace in SimRacing, whereby those involved pay a relatively small sum and have some good, clean fun, and at the end of the day, we have the feeling that it's paid off.

Comment

This idea sounds good.I would suggest changing days now and then to make everybody happy.Like for instance Sunday in America is Monday working week for me here in New Zealand.So Saturday will be awesome for me.

I like also the idea of a Europe American challenge!That will be fun.
                      Or even us taking on our next door neighbours Shack Tactical!

Really hope we can create interesting challenges so we can get the numbers up again.

And yes guys it is always a pleasure to play with you online and have a good laugh enjoying the game.

My apreciation goes out to all the guys that do so much work to make this online gaming experience enjoyable.

Thanks!!:row__573:
                      |TG| Eugene
                      sigpic
                      Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence-Jeremiah17:7

Comment

Saturday is best for me also..most of the time anyway.

The american euro thing is a must, would be a great way to start of events again. but I think fighting shack tact would be a little much for us, they play together all the time and have a larger player base but who knows maybe we could pull it off

I think the next poll we need to do is to find the best day for everyone to play, nearly half cannot play on sunday

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

I would attend. The fact is, i work all day long on Sundays.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

If I can get one of the people to stand up to host the 1st event, we can run this as soon as next weekend!!

Comment

Could try two days; Weds. and Suns.?? Or just something like that, try and get some people together, Or just a general day that everybody can get together and have a good game going around, start the server up with a password on, see how many people are in and depending on what people are feeling like unlock it for the pubbies then lock it again to reduce lag and all that..
                              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X