Is this the game for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this the game for me?

When ArmA first came out, I bought the digi-DL version from Atari's website (big mistake), and played the single player campaign. I enjoyed it, but wanted tactical realism in online play with dozens or hundreds of other players, similar to what I experienced while playing WW2OL: Battleground Europe, but was disappointed to find only high quantities of lag. I uninstalled the game (another big mistake), and now am wishing after all these months to go back to ArmA out of desperation for a large scale online modern realistic FPS, and Project Reality just isn't delivering due to the limitations of the BF2 engine. I need to know: should ArmA be on my Christmas list this year? Do people in the TG community actively play ArmA? Is your server frequently populated? Do I need mods to play on your server? Should I get ArmA Gold or just Combat Operations?

Help an 11B out guys, I need my realism fix!

Re: Is this the game for me?

Well, if a realism fix is what you're looking for ArmA is the game to play. As for hundreds of players on a server at once, I've never seen that but on a really good night TG has about 20+ people on the server at once. There are a few people who play nightly but I haven't had the time to play in about a month or two. The amount of lag during online play has been greatly reduced through patches, and if your computer fits the minimum requirements it should run fine.
    Just go with Combat Operations, I don't think that the server uses any content from the Queens Gambit expansion.

Hope that helped and if you end up picking the game up I'll see you ingame (If I get some friggin free time that is)
    "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

Is TG a coop server? If so, then 20 players is reasonable. If it's team based 10v10...uhm...huge map? Hah.

Comment

Well we have had 50 people in organised events not so long ago and that was a great TvT session.

yes the maps are big and we have have a Mods server which uses a couple of new maps (Uhao and Avgani) with a variety of mods. Check mods section for download pack and extra files.

Welcome to your new home, I am sure you will enjoy the gaming you get here and some nights are more tactical than others, depending on whose on!

Best
        BD1
        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
          Well we have had 50 people in organised events not so long ago and that was a great TvT session.

yes the maps are big and we have have a Mods server which uses a couple of new maps (Uhao and Avgani) with a variety of mods. Check mods section for download pack and extra files.

Welcome to your new home, I am sure you will enjoy the gaming you get here and some nights are more tactical than others, depending on whose on!

Best
          BD1
          Talking about having 50 people on the server. Christmas vacations are coming around and I hope there will be more people playing...just like we had this summer.
          Work/School is hurting most players' playtime (including myself)...because the last 3 months have been pretty damn quiet. Where's everybody gone?

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

So is the server a Team vs Team, or a Co-Op server?

Comment

It's both, it just depends on what people want to play at the moment.
              "Today's public figures can no longer write their own speeches or books, and there is some evidence that they can't read them either." -- Gore Vidal

|TG| Jaman

Comment

Are there any mods on the server?

Comment

Originally posted by shastadude16 View Post
                  Are there any mods on the server?
                  Suggest you read through this forum a little more!
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                    Talking about having 50 people on the server. Christmas vacations are coming around and I hope there will be more people playing...just like we had this summer.
                    Work/School is hurting most players' playtime (including myself)...because the last 3 months have been pretty damn quiet. Where's everybody gone?
                    Yeah, that's true. It has been really quiet. My last final exam is tomorrow so I am pumped and ready to get back to ARMA!

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X