X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers

Server 1 - MOD's activated - Map focus - Avgani and Uhao

Server 2 - CoOp - NO MODS - Map Focus Sahrani and Schmafelden

Hopefully soon we will have a new way to download mods and then we can change things around a bit again. The phase 2 mod pack will have more of a European Theatre of combat theme.

So for now, if you want to make missions for Schmafelden make them without mods so that we can see how the map runs with different missions.

BD1
    Last edited by Blackdog1; 12-19-2008, 04:03 PM.
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: Servers

Cool.
    Christmas vacation starting on December 22nd. Ill be officialy back as of this date.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

There has been a discussion in the admin team and Sever 2 is now going to be CoOP server....

Last night we had 20+ players playing High Mountains late PST and it went well, a few idiots needed to be kicked, but many good new players joinging our ranks and welcome to them!

BD1
      BlackDog1

Comment

Just to confirm ...

From the "Server Schedule" Sticky:

Server 1

Armed Assault - Co-Op Server MODs Running 64.34.178.169:2302

Co-Op
        Password: Link
        Sunday 8PM Est thru Sunday 3:30PM EST
        [/size]

Server 2

Armed Assault - Server 2 64.34.178.169:2312

Persistent Game Play & Co-Op Small Unit Missions (1-40 Players)
        PW = Link

So, now that Server 2 is changing over to a Coop server, will there be anywhere to play adversarial?

Is anyone still interested in adversarial?

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
          Just to confirm ...

So, now that Server 2 is changing over to a Coop server, will there be anywhere to play adversarial?

I am. TvT > CooP

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by beita View Post
            Just to confirm ...

To be honest, there are many TvT games being played on the MODS server along with CoOp, but we have have seen numbers die with TvT on Server 2 especially as no one was bothering to be online and starting games of that type, but also more importantly some of the constant "griping" that went on, didnt help, nor groups ofpeople coming in from other servers and sticking together to play their TvT. If they want that, they can play elsewhere.

So we are catering to the CoOp crowd more than the PR crowd now and returning to the grass roots of ArmA in tactical CoOp play and in just the first night of doign this we attracted 20+ players, many saying it was the type of game they like. We will bring in new public players and get many to migrate to server1, but there is a concentrated effort now by the admin team to bring back ArmA here at TG to what it used to be.

There are going to be organised events and TvT games on Server 1 but Server 2 is now going to be geared toward CoOp play.

BD1
            BlackDog1

Comment

I have to agree... I really enjoyed last night's CoOp game and from my first TvT experience a while ago, I think I would rather stick with CoOp.

But it could be a good thing; Because we can attract more public players with CoOp, maybe in the near future when we have more newcomers to the TG community, we would have no problem starting a TvT game. I think we should keep server 2 running CoOp in my opinion.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

Well Coop if fine by me. as long as its not domination.

The BigC

Comment

Had a pretty fair sized crowd on last night, mix of TG and pubbies. Overall went OK, little bit much on the radio chatter but we managed to run the convoy missions of Sam's fairly well. Also did a ammo cache seek and destroy mission... don't think we wiped out too many civilians.

Amazingly, the server held together (the coop one, not the Modpack one) although it was nip and tuck there for a while. Sam, as admin, managed to keep it from completely crashing. Nice work!
                  BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Hey guys, Falcon here. I've been playing fairly regularly lately and I would just like to suggest that you add back a view of beta's TVT which I think offer some good co-op quality game play against non-ai. and some larger co-op missions onto the non-mods server. We maxed out the server tonight on the largest mission available and I think we founds some good regular players it would be nice to have an option for larger groups when the opportunity arises. Thanks for being such a wonderful community.

Comment

For the last month I'd fire up GameTracker and see the Mod server playing TvT with 3 people. I didn't feel like joining, and judging from the flatline on GameTracker, no one wanted to join. Since the open server went coop only, its been full.

Heck, the server is full right now.

I'm not a reader of mystic signs and portents, but there is some meaning to be found here.

Anyhoo, I joined a full TG server last night expecting chaos (as I didn't recognize 90% of the names), but was pleasantly surprised finding that order had been hammered out, and folks were getting business done. Coms were shambolic, though, but that was more due to the lack of a command-only channel and overly-large squads using the squad channel.

Its nice to see some big games going on again. I'm very sure that TvT will always be a part of the TG ArmA smorgasbord, but right now it seems Coop is the main course.

Comment

But god....dear god. bring back the GOOD missions on the server please. all the good missions like gloria, taohe, dagger, etc etc etc...THEY'RE ALL GONE!

These were large scale missions...these are the missions we need right now. There is 30 people on the server right now. And if it was a 100 players missions...im pretty damn sure we'd be at 100.

So yeah. Bring back all the good missions you get removed. Especially Gloria. If you think large scale missions arent working on the server...to prove your wrong, we played insurgency threat earlier on...and everything went smooth. most players were NEW and vets, especially beta and I, were amazed to see such a good level of teamwork, no trash over comms, in a public server. Thing is...they watched a single guy, the last one alive, run around for about 45 minutes till i came back to end the mission, why? because they knew the next one would go as smooth as this one. and it did.

so yeah, bring back the larger missions please. we have too many players for the missions we have right now. there is only 3 large scale mission (if not 2) and we've been through them already.

The BigC

Comment

Isnt it amazing how this "suddenly" just happened?

The missions like Gloria, etc had been on for weeks and no usage on the server at all. We open it to the public again, and hey presto! Also the fact that people are suddenly available to play and now want "X and Y". For all the complaints of why thisis not on the server, there were equal numbers of people getting sick of driving, walking or running to and from the action for the majority of the game with 4 clips of ammo! It's about balance and everyone has different tastes and we "TRY" to cater to all.

The admins have been working hard to try and accomodate everyone for different styles of play. The MOD server had a core of around 20 players and more will migrate to server 1 to play some of the Sahrani missions as well.

That is our intention.....

Attract players on server 2, migrate them to server 1, it takes less "management" on server 1 with a password.

Frankly, many of the admins just got fed up with listening to whining that was going on and the constant same faces "having" to take charge to ensure everyone else had a good game.

So, help us and we can help you.

BD1
                          BlackDog1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed