• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta patch 1.15 is out

Download it here:
    http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_Beta_Patch_1.15

Changelog is:
    5257 - Fixed: Game did not run on ATI cards in fullscreenmode on Vista x64 with large memory.
    5257 - Fixed: Crash at ArmA.exe:0x174b27 - caused by wrong internal weapon state.
    5257 - Fixed: Crash at ArmA.exe:0x56536 - caused by wrong turret state in MP.
    5257 - Fixed: MP: Player driving motorcycle could be ejected with no apparent reason, sometimes leading to death.
    5257 - Fixed: MP: Sometimes falling of a parachute a few meters above the ground.
    5257 - Fixed: Dedicated server: Bandwidth balancing was often wrong, showing problems esp. when new players were joining.
    5257 - Fixed: Players connecting JIP with custom files do not cause server lagging.
    5257 - Fixed: Players with custom files get no longer kicked when server does not run on default port.
    5257 - Optimized: Reduced memory usage with large view distances.
    5257 - Fixed: Scene loading when starting a mission might sometimes use excessive amounts of memory.
    5257 - Optimized: Slightly reduced VRAM usage with large view distances.
    5257 - New: "Absolute" mouse control bindings (no auto centering) are now possible.
    5257 - Improved: Provided error message for some unexpected memory initialization failures.
    5258 - Fixed: Command line parameter -maxmem=xxx was not working on LINUX dedicated server.
    5258 - Fixed: Crash at offset 0xfb57.
    5259 - Fixed: Voice over Side channel could be transmitted to wrong listeners after respawn.
    5260 - Fixed: Dedicated server crashed when script made soldier fire with Binocular.
    5260 - Fixed: Grass and foliage was not affected by helicopter down wash since 1.04 version.
    5260 - Fixed: status of disableAI was reset during save
    5261 - Fixed: The FOV was deflected after TrackIR +tZ input had been removed from Zoom in/out action.
    5262 - Fixed: Fast forward is now disabled when using binocular.
    5262 - New: Optional server.cfg entry timeStampFormat to specify time stamp for each line in *.rpt file. Possible values: "none", "short", "full".
    5262 - Fixed: Manual camera left/right movement was not mapped to mouse.
    5262 - Fixed: Some AI commands on dedicated server might be delayed when the server window had focus.
    5263 - Improved: Texture mip management more reliable in low VRAM conditions.
    5264 - Fixed: Incorrect simulation importance for some entities in MP (for players in vehicles)
    5264 - Fixed: Only relative path is now supported in commands: loadFile, exec, execVM, execFSM, preprocessFile, preproce

Re: Beta patch 1.15 is out

5257 - Fixed: MP: Player driving motorcycle could be ejected with no apparent reason, sometimes leading to death.
    5257 - Fixed: MP: Sometimes falling of a parachute a few meters above the ground.

They finally got these fixed about time :D

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Thanks Dslyecxi. This sounds like a good patch.

Admins, will you be running this on the servers?

Comment

Geez..They are still patching.. Wow... I give them credit for Sticktoitaveness (That's no word!)
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Ha ha, nice.

I was just recently complaining about this ... sweet deal.

Comment

Gosh darnit, Dslyecxi! You beat me to it, was just coming to post that :)
            Any patch is good news I suppose. They did say that the last patch was actually the last, so maybe ArmA2 development is going smoothly, how else would they get a small enough team to go back and fix some small issues with an older game.

I wonder what this "Absolute mouse control" thing is, I wonder if it's something to do with the slightly "weighty" feel of movement.

Also, just on a sidenote, directed at anyone who has it TrackIR, I seem to have a good price and looking at Dslyecxi's videos it has many advantages, and could help in Sim Racing. So, one word answer, yes or no?

Comment

Give us a day or so and we will probably run a test server to see how it runs...
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                Give us a day or so and we will probably run a test server to see how it runs...
                It runs well from what we've seen. The JIP changes in particular would be really beneficial for you guys.

As to the question about TrackIR - I love them. Been using them in ArmA since Sep/Aug of 2006, as well as in games like IL-2, Black Shark, etc. A lot of ShackTac people use them as well and really like them. I could never go back, it adds too much immersion to the experience. I actually met the NaturalPoint guys at I/ITSEC this year, a few weeks ago - really cool bunch of people in person as well.

Comment

Also some new stuff in the editor I noticed the WDL soldiers are now in a seperate group and there are classes for all of them now no backpacks on medics but still it's a nice change.
                  "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

Ah, the patch froze before it started, will install tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply Dslyecxi.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X