Some tips for ACE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some tips for ACE

Thought I'd put this up after playing a bit on the server with ACE and had lots of fun but thought it would be a good idea to point some things out.

1. I know you all want to try the new wound system out but seriously ONLY 1 person is needed to bandage and give morphine to a wounded man not the entire team. I was tempted to hurl a grenade into the center of the cluster just to prove a point.

2. If someone is bandaging a down player don't pick him up and drag him away.

3. When you take a position make sure any enemy lying in the area is actually dead had one wake up and shoot 2 people before he was silenced, and to make it worse he was using a blufor weapon that some one left on him after looting his.

4. Medics need to stay back away from the fighting doesn't do anyone any good to get shot because you want Kills or whatever your reason for being on the line when nobody is hurt.

Well I think thats all I wanted to cover.
    "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Re: Some tips for ACE

And PLEASE remember to sight your AT weapons!

If you don't they don't work so well.

Comment

Tips on sighting the weapons, I am afraid I am still a noob with some of the features!?

Comment

So the AI as the same health system that human players? Now we have to check if they are really dead?
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

@Jeepo: Use the Up/down arrow keys.

@Jorge: Yes. Happened quite a couple times last night that a "dead" guy woke up behind us and slaughtered a couple friendlies. Try "Examine"-ing them first instead of shooting though, we all jump when we hear gunfire.

Some other things I found useful:
          - you can redefine some ACE keys by editing Dta/ACE/ace_keys.hpp (including AT sight adjustment keys)
          - you can disable radio chat, disable ACE sounds (if you want to use your favorite soundmod, although I love the ones in ACE) or, if you have a crappy rig (like I do), disable the ejected cartridges staying on ground by editing Dta/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp
          - when picking up medical supplies, only take bandages/morphine/epinephrine, everything else doesn't work.
          The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Oh forgot one.

If you need a medic place a marker on the map with the side channel don't just say "we need a medic" because when there are 20+ people running around i's kinda hard to know who needs the medic. Also put down medic or something in the text just placing a dot doesn't describe it well enough and it could be the mission leader making a plan.
            "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

All good advice, keep them coming guys.

One I've found useful: Take a look at the mission briefing, figure out what is going to be needed for the mission in terms of ammo, etc. and make adjustments to your rucksack and equipment to lighten the load. Chances are you're not going to need all the ammo you are going to have at the beginning. With the new stamina system introduced, this comes into play a lot, and it helps to load ammo into a vehicle for the platoon or squad rather than carrying it all like in vanilla.

Comment

Press SHIFT-V in ACE to set windage and elevation for your sights. This replaces the function of the GMJ_SightAdjust mod that did this before. You can set it either by MoA (maybe mils too but I haven't checked) or range, so it seems in-game range cards are included.

It's been very accurate so far in my test runs.

Comment

http://www.acemod.net/wiki/ACE:Feature:Radio_Silence

How do I do this, its like a god send!?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                    http://www.acemod.net/wiki/ACE:Feature:Radio_Silence

How do I do this, its like a god send!?
                    You have two options.

One, utilize an addon to globally turn off radio sounds. I've been doing this practically since ArmA came out. I'd recommend using this addon for it, just put it in your normal ArmA addons folder:
                    MAP NoVoice

Option two is to go into ArmA/Dta/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

Find the uncommented string:
                    #define ACE_RADIO_FULL

Change it to:
                    #define ACE_RADIO_SILENT

Comment

Thanks, I'll try that now!

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                        You have two options.

One, utilize an addon to globally turn off radio sounds. I've been doing this practically since ArmA came out. I'd recommend using this addon for it, just put it in your normal ArmA addons folder:
                        MAP NoVoice

Option two is to go into ArmA/Dta/ACE/ace_clientside_config.hpp

Find the uncommented string:
                        #define ACE_RADIO_FULL

Change it to:
                        #define ACE_RADIO_SILENT
                        Oh Wow. God send.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                        The BigC

Comment

Although, I've heard that to jump all you have to do is press the "J" key on your keyboard but for some reasons, it doesn't work for me. Is there a way I can fix that?

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

SHIFT + J to "jump"

Comment

For some reason, shift + v doesn't let me adjust sights for anything. All it does is bring up my weapon to aim, anyone know how to fix that? Also I can no longer change zoom level on any of the LAV's, it is always zoomed in all the way, or wont zoom in at all. Most of my controls are default, only one I changed was to hold breath with mouse button 4. Any tips would be appreciated.
                              |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                              TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...