New To AA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To AA

I bought AA a LONG time ago and never got into it much because of the initial problems and an underpowered machine. I think between adding some more RAM, etc. it may actually be playable now.

I haven't been gaming much in the last few months because of RL stuff and I've been waiting for a newer game to grab my attention, but it just hasn't. So, I figured I bought AA back in the beginning, why not re-install and give it a try with the latest patches and the ACE mod.

I'm waiting to hear back from Softwrap because I re-installed and tried to re-activate and got the message my activation code was invalid.

So, while waiting for that to get fixed, I want to download the necessary patches, etc. I have the 1.05 download version so it looks like I need to install 1.08 and then 1.14, and can then install the 1.15 beta, correct?

Re: New To AA

Sounds about right. The 1.14 info at Armaholic states that it requires 1.08, so start d/l'ing the files!

The ACE mod files are approx 400 and 600MB... if you choose to d/l the TG ModPack, it's around 600MB as well. Not sure where we plan on going with the TG ModPack at this point. There is probably information on the forums regarding this but I haven't bothered to search for it.

-BoD
    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I don't know what your specifications are but I play ArmA with this rig. Bought 2004.
      AMD XP 2700, 2GB RAM, 512MB X1600pro, XP pro, 160GB HD.

Viewdistance is set to 1.2k for MP, and it's bearable up to 1.5k.
      1440x900 res, all settings are low, except 'Blood' (this setting wouldn't impact much on gameplay)

I get roughly 18~35 FPS depending what I'm facing and where I am in the map.

The BETA patch made the game some what better but, since this game is a pandoras box when it comes to PC requirements its understandable.

You need to play with your graphics card settings and if you do have an ATI card I highly recommend using ATI Tray Tools. I disabled Catalyst completely.

Oh, and I regularily flush my ram with this command in game: Left Shift + - + flush (type).

If I can play with an ancient rig, I'm sure you can.
      Good luck.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I haven't tried ArmA since 1.08.

Before I begin the reinstall, I want to verify a few things.

I have ArmA. I have patch 1.08.

Do I first patch to 1.14 then 1.15 beta?

Is the current build of ACE still v1.00full ?

I keep reading about a TG mod pack, where do I find this?

Has anyone though of writing up a "How to Get started..." thread like what is found for PR or POE?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
          I haven't tried ArmA since 1.08.

Before I begin the reinstall, I want to verify a few things.

I have ArmA. I have patch 1.08.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
          If you are running 1.08 you can go straight to 1.14. Then install the 1.15b patch. The beta patch works alongside your normal arma, so you can easily switch between beta and normal arma. (You get new desktop icons for launching the beta version).

To check your version of ArmA look in the bottom left corner of your screen. ACE is still currently v1.00 it is a public beta so there will most likely be new versions at some point.

Comment

Yes, quite correct.

So far as I know. I haven't had any problems joining the TG server yet. Note that you should get ACE, ACEIslands, and the Avgani/Afghan Village 1.somethingorother (Armaholic is my preferred vendor there).

It's not being used at this time. I don't know what the future status is. Blackdog and others would like to see UK Forces added so perhaps it'll see a revival. Don't know.

Has anyone though of writing up a "How to Get started..." thread like what is found for PR or POE?
            We're lazy over here? No excuse, sir! Actually, there were a number of threads for the TGMod but nothing comprehensive, AFAIK, for ACE other then what is in the Mods subforum.

-BoD
            BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Yes the TG MOD pack was simply an interim until ACE was ready and and until ArmA2 comes out. It added some different units, weapons, aircraft, terrorists, etc, just to inject some new life into ArmA for those of us that we still around during the quiet period.

But much of what we had pulled together is now pretty much in ACE, I think and hope that the ACE mod will add foreign units in the near future.

I really dont see the need or think that we will be using the TG Mod Pack again, it served it's purpose.

BD1
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                BI think and hope that the ACE mod will add foreign units in the near future.
                As time allows, yes, I believe this is the plan.

Comment

Any way to elaborate on what units, or is it not known/secret?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                    Any way to elaborate on what units, or is it not known/secret?
                    It's not just secret, it's super duper secret.

:icon_eek:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X