online play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• online play

Hi, new guy here! I've been having a blast with ArmA, strickly offline in SP, but I'm hoping to get involved in some MP and would like some advise on where to start. I know I could just hop on one of the MP servers and fumble through, but was hoping for advise from experienced players on how or where to start. Open to training as well ;)

EDIT:
    Sorry, just noticed the thread on "venturing into multi.." below. Good stuff in there :)
    Last edited by smacker; 01-12-2009, 09:46 AM.

Re: online play

Welcome,

we just had a thread concerning just that issue. Maybe it helps you somewhat:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ltiplayer.html

Quick wrap-up: Get acquainted with the server rules and SOPs and other than that, just hop on the server and tell people you are new. Most of them will help you out if you have problems.

Comment

Yep! Sorry, I noticed the thread after my post. Thanks!

Comment

Make sure you read TG SOP's. If you dont have it yet. Go on and download and install teamspeak (http://www.teamspeak.com/) and jump on the TS server. And make sure you have a mic (if not, grab one ASAP. You can find some good quality mic for a low price).

Also make sure you download and install the 1.15 Beta patch along with the ACE mod (http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...a-out-now.html).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Dont be affraid of doing errors, we all been rookies at some points. And even the most hardened veteran will do errors. Its all a matter of having fun and spend some quality time.

Welcome to your new home. Hope to see you on the server pretty soon.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Thanks for the info! I attempted to connect to a server last night with no luck. I had the patch and mod installed.

Comment

Originally posted by smacker View Post
            Thanks for the info! I attempted to connect to a server last night with no luck. I had the patch and mod installed.
            Giving us a hint on how your "no luck" manifested itself might give people here the possibility of helping you without too much guessing. ;)

But three guesses nonetheless: The server was locked (would give you a message), you did not have all mods installed (server #2 also needs the Afghanistan stuff) or you sat in front of the "waiting for host" screen and did not wait long enough.

Comment

I went through a similiar problem last night. I didn't have the all the addon files in the right area. This is a shot in the dark, but make an "@afghan" folder in your main arma folder. Now creata an "addons" folder within the "@afghan" folder. Take all the .pbo and .bisign files on your Avgani and Afghan village download and put them in the "addons" folder you just created..

Add the ";@afghan" in your shortcut and you should be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by seg[TDev] View Post
                I went through a similiar problem last night. I didn't have the all the addon files in the right area. This is a shot in the dark, but make an "@afghan" folder in your main arma folder. Now creata an "addons" folder within the "@afghan" folder. Take all the .pbo and .bisign files on your Avgani and Afghan village download and put them in the "addons" folder you just created..

Add the ";@afghan" in your shortcut and you should be good to go.
                Yep! only had the ACE mod and 1.15 patch. I'll get started on the Afghan / Avgani stuff :) Thanks.

- So to clarify, ArmA patch 1.15, ACE mod, ACE Island Pack, and Avgani & Afghan maps are all that is required for the server?
                Last edited by smacker; 01-13-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

- So to clarify, ArmA patch 1.15, ACE mod, ACE Island Pack, and Avgani & Afghan maps are all that is required for the server?
                  Yes. This would be it.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X