No announcement yet.

Unfortunately I have to at this time take a leave from the Arma Community/Arena

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately I have to at this time take a leave from the Arma Community/Arena

Members of the TG Arma Community/Arena,

Unfortunately I have to take a extended leave of absence from playing Arma for the time being, I hope that since I bought it off of steam this will allow me to in the coming months to re-download and install it, but we shall see.

Bottom line was that I had to free up space on the computer that I use and share with the rest of my family (I moved back home due to a new job about almost 1.5/2 years, and well the start up hasn't allowed me to move out) so since I share it, and since my brother is a newlywed who is expecting, my parents have since figured out how to use a digital camera, and well have been uploading feverishly since the longest day of my brothers life, i.e. June 21st.

It is unfortunate that ARMA had to go, but hopefully I will be back, and who knows, maybe the next time I see you all on the battlefield it will be in ARMA or ARMA 2.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Unfortunately I have to at this time take a leave from the Arma Community/Arena

Dude that sucks!!!

If it is simple as getting another hard drive, I think plenty of us can send you one!!!!
    "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Re: Unfortunately I have to at this time take a leave from the Arma Community/Arena

hard drives are pretty cheapos...

I say we start a TG fundraising to help him out.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Yep definitely mate, how the hell is the 22nd going to kick the 31st's butt! If your not playing! ;)

Go grab yaself a external HD, hell you can get 8 GIG USB sticks and I am sure even bigger now!

Come come..... no being silly now! ;)

BD1
        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I will see what I can do, can't promise anything right now, hopefully i can re-DL it from steam if I get another HD, though I'm not even sure if there's a slot inside the dell computer to put it in, but I will see what i can do.

Hopefully once I obtain a printer some how for cheap (pray that circuit city is still open this weekend maybe) my mom can print the photos and start deleting some of them.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

FYI, 4x6 photo paper is probably about $0.15 per sheet... and the ink is probably more than that. walmart charges $0.09 per 4x6 print or something like that... so please don't buy a printer to print out pics yourself, you will feel extreeeeeemely stupid :)

good luck with the harddrive!

Comment

walmart has HDs pretty cheap and you just gotta install it....or better yet...get your own PC.
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

If you bought it on steam, its yours for life and you can download it as many times as you need to, take it from me. I am always having to re-download my games every few months as I rebuild my computers and upgrade hardware. As long as you log in with the same account you will have no problems downloading it again. As for an external hard drive, for digital pics, I cant see you needing more than a 250GB external drive. It will be plenty fast and have plenty of space. And they are very reasonably priced. Here is a compact 250GB drive for $69.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822144474

Comment

Mate,

Get ya Mum a USB stick (4 or 8 gig) she can then download ALL pictures, video, etc onto that thus saving the hard drive. If this is not an option, External hard drives can also be USB, so you dont need any slots inside the pooter!

If all that fails.... you may just have to "break up" with your Mum....you know....tell her it's not her, it's you...and you just need some space...it's just not working out...etc etc....

;)

Priorities man!!!

:D

BD1
                  BlackDog1

Comment

I don't think trying to run a game off a USB drive is a good idea. USB is much slower than like SATA, or even IDE, so it may not even work right. But you can get an 80gig HD from newegg for $35. DO NOT GO TO CIRCUIT CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They only have 10% off computer parts, and they are still 2X the price you can get it from newegg, even with the deal. (same goes for walmart or bestbuy.)

Randy, if you need help picking one and putting it in, catch me on TS or xfire and I will hook you up. It will be super easy.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                      I don't think trying to run a game off a USB drive is a good idea. USB is much slower than like SATA, or even IDE, so it may not even work right.
                      I think he was talking about putting the pictures onto USB drives. Though I could be wrong...

Just grab an external USB hard drive like everybody has been saying. Cheap, and all you have to do is find an open USB port, and that's it. Windows does the rest of the work.

Comment

I was dumbstuck to find you can get a terabyte hard drive at Best Buy these days. Seriously, sell one of your siblings and get a hard drive!

Comment

Originally posted by Oakley View Post
                          I think he was talking about putting the pictures onto USB drives. Though I could be wrong...

Just grab an external USB hard drive like everybody has been saying. Cheap, and all you have to do is find an open USB port, and that's it. Windows does the rest of the work.
                          Correct! Indeed I was!

BD1
                          BlackDog1

Comment

B also needs to take the time off... Thanks for the games. TG will always be the place for me to come for any gaming interest I have.

May be I will catch you guys in Arma2. May is when I plan to return if things are still strong. :icon12:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X