Server #1 locked sometimes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server #1 locked sometimes

Just letting folks know that I will occasionally be locking server #1. I am going through each mission and getting all the details to make like a Wiki or list for quick reference chart. I looked through and estimated there are about 125+ missions on the server right now, and most of the titles are not very informative or list player counts, which makes picking out the next mission pretty hard for an admin.

I am telling everyone this because while I have the server locked I see people trying to connect and I'm sure they are confused about why I am in a server by myself.

Below is a quick example of what I am doing for each mission. If any of you all have some ideas on what else I could add to it I will consider it. I'm not looking to copy the entire notes and info from the mission, just a quick reference guide that could be printed out and looked at.

Example:

ARMA Missions Server 1
    Island:
    ACE Sara:
    (c14) City Take Paraiso v1.2 [OOPS] 14 player slots
    Enemy is holding city of Paraiso. We have 2 teams that need to go and clear the city. Deploy from the airbase north of Paraiso. There are 2 choppers for medevac for use, and enemy will not engage choppers. There are 2 Pilot player slots.

(CO20) {GOL} The Lost Patrol- 21 player slots, broken up in 5 squads
    Your truck has broken down and you need to get to Pita to find transport. You must go to all patrol markers to complete mission

(Coop16)Freedom(revive)- 16 player slots, broken up into 2 squads
    Two special forces units move into Souther Sahrani to eliminate enemy in several cities and assassinate the Prime Minister. Will have a few vehicles and supplies at a FOB. Both squads have separate objectives for parts of missions, and then join up for some objectives.

so far I have about 25 done, so it will take some time................. :row__627:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Server #1 locked sometimes

Good. I like it. Because lets be honest, most of the missions are named like sh*t. When I'm admin, I totally hate having to choose a new mission.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
    The BigC

Comment

A wiki would be a really cool idea. I would love to help contribute to a TG library wiki.

Comment

A definite reorganization of the missions is in order, since some don't work with ACE and some are bugged badly.

Comment

If you have a problem with a mission, please let us know so we can look at it.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Easy way for anyone to do this without keeping the server locked for too long: load a mission and wait for briefing screen, then abort and pick another. You'll have all the missions cached somewhere in the Documents and Settings and you can try them on your own computer. You can even unpbo most of them and check them in the editor and perhaps copy/paste the briefing in the wiki.
            Even easier for TG admins, since they could download the missions from the server :)
            The most dangerous thing on a battlefield is an officer with a map.

Comment

Just make sure the missions have medical tents in the spawn, and Repair, Refuel and Rearm trucks in the main if some sort of offensive vehicle is used

Comment

Thanks for doing this, Bamboo! If you need any help, feel free to ask me and I'll see what I can do.

IN GAME ARMA: |TG-Irr| Lq.Snake

Comment

This is very helpful bamboo thanks buddy! Btw you think If I could help you in anyway, I be glad to help!

As long as there is man there will be wars-Albert Einstein

No man,No problem-Josef Stalin

Comment

You can all help by using the broken mission thread to report any broken missions you find.

BD1
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse