Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Admin introduction

Hi all,

I guess I'm a regular member of TG now, as I'm not a supporting member. Been playing regularly on the TG twin servers, and have been voted many times as admin.

Suggested Administrator introduction;

An introduction message by the admin for new players on the server;

I am <insert name>, the current admin.

This TG server is about mature gaming, using real world tactics in a mil-sim environment.

Please deselect yourself from slots. <pause>

Mission Discipline;

pick/assign leaders, starting with platoon or squad leader, then team leader, then fill the teams with leaders present.

The platoon/squad leader will brief us by defining the mission plan with markers, picking 2nd and 3rd in charge (IC), weapon status (red/yellow/green), who are main and support elements, and any load-out orders.

During the mission, listen to your leader, cooperate and use teamwork to win the mission.

Channel Discipline;

DEFAULT channel is group, in game you can use direct channel also
    Leaders in game will use side chat, and any medical requests use side chat if urgent
    General chat is reserved for administrator. Don't use it unless asked to.

When on comms, BE BRIEF. Pause between transmissions. give others a chance to respond.
    Transmissions should either be quick replies; "cc", "neg", or be in 4 parts;
    1. Who are you?
    2. Who are you talking to?
    3. your message.
    4. "over"

Just because you're on Teamspeak does not mean you can talk over the briefing.

Code of Conduct;

Show Mutual respect. No spamming. No exploits. Use professional TV standards for language. No swearing.

Warnings will be issued either in type, voice in game, teamspeak before punishment. An effort will be given to the offender to cease.

It is also your responsibility to report problems to the admin, or to TG if there's a problem with yours truely.

Welcome again to TG, and let's have some fun. Let's fill the roles and start this mission when all are slotted.
    Last edited by AlphaSierra; 01-27-2009, 03:04 PM.

Re: Public Admin introduction

What powers does the public admin have? Is it just kick and change map?

Comment

pretty much

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
      So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Yeah. Voted Admins can only Kick and map change. They can't lock a server. I think this is a good format. Probably should repeat it at the beginning of every map also. The more we structure our play with some simple rules like this, I think we'll see an improvement in public players cooperation over time as they come back. I'll operate by this procedure. Count me in Alpha.
        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

I think this worked pretty well last night. We had a fairly large group pre-mission (20+) and Alpha went over gameplay expectations of all the players before we even selected a mission and we managed to stay fairly organized and on-track throughout the night (thanks Alpha). The only problem I had was all the cross-talk over the comms. Since Commaind <--> Squad leader comms were done in-game voip instead of TS it was sometimes difficult to hear and communicate with our own squad, but it wasn't too bad.

Suggestion: If the admin notices we have large 12+ squads, might want to suggest to each squad leader that we further break that up into fireteams. While playing medic, it was hard to keep track of all of our men and their status while we were maneuvering. Too many bodies to count and we missed out on flanking opportunities.

Comment

Anything over 12 players I think should be mandatory TS useage for leadership, otherwise it is unplayable IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Miles View Post
              I think this worked pretty well last night. We had a fairly large group pre-mission (20+) and Alpha went over gameplay expectations of all the players before we even selected a mission and we managed to stay fairly organized and on-track throughout the night (thanks Alpha). The only problem I had was all the cross-talk over the comms. Since Commaind <--> Squad leader comms were done in-game voip instead of TS it was sometimes difficult to hear and communicate with our own squad, but it wasn't too bad.

Suggestion: If the admin notices we have large 12+ squads, might want to suggest to each squad leader that we further break that up into fireteams. While playing medic, it was hard to keep track of all of our men and their status while we were maneuvering. Too many bodies to count and we missed out on flanking opportunities.
              I agree, it was hard to coordinate where casualties lied and hard to even get to them in time.

Also, Miles, sorry for giving you the headbug last night sir. I was trying to examine you and it ended up only having Drag Body on the action menu. I felt bad after you had to disconnect and end your night. (This is Petey, by the way)

"War is politics by another means, but I personally enjoy just kicking the crap outta things sometimes."

Comment

Originally posted by Tycho View Post
                Also, Miles, sorry for giving you the headbug last night sir. I was trying to examine you and it ended up only having Drag Body on the action menu. I felt bad after you had to disconnect and end your night. (This is Petey, by the way)
                No worries. I think I did the same thing to someone else when I first started playing a few weeks ago because I wasn't even aware of the head bug. The medical system in ACE still needs a lot of work and we are gonna keep running into issues as long as we are playing beta quality versions for a while. It's bound to happen sometimes.

On a different but related note, I don't know how many of you have played Left4Dead, but it has one of those "Why didn't *I* think of that?" features that I hope catches on to more multi-player-heavy games such as ArmA3 or OFP3: taking a break. At any time during the match, if you need a nature break, or to step away for a few minutes, you can "take a break" and have an AI bot take control of your character while you are gone so everyone else can keep playing and not be down a man. Yeah, AI is poor compared to human players, but its way better than disconnecting or just laying prone in the middle of a desert hoping that you are still alive when you get back to the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Miles View Post
                  On a different but related note, I don't know how many of you have played Left4Dead, but it has one of those "Why didn't *I* think of that?" features that I hope catches on to more multi-player-heavy games such as ArmA3 or OFP3: taking a break. At any time during the match, if you need a nature break, or to step away for a few minutes, you can "take a break" and have an AI bot take control of your character while you are gone so everyone else can keep playing and not be down a man. Yeah, AI is poor compared to human players, but its way better than disconnecting or just laying prone in the middle of a desert hoping that you are still alive when you get back to the keyboard.
                  Bloody hell!! What happened to ArmA2? Did I miss it? ;)

As to letting a bot take over my character in mission...hell no....would rather hide in a bush than have a stupid AI go charging at a tank in my body!

:D

BD1
                  BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I like it.

State the rules up front.

Warn.

Repeat infraction?

Smite.

Comment

Hey Alpha, mind telling me the intro brief again?

Pretty please?

"War is politics by another means, but I personally enjoy just kicking the crap outta things sometimes."

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                        Anything over 12 players I think should be mandatory TS useage for leadership, otherwise it is unplayable IMO

Very true, Side and Global channel, should just be competely of limits to voip.
                        Everyone knows what Team speak is, and how to use it.
                        PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X