Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ArmA Organized Events

Hey guys.

Is there any chance we can get some organized events going here on our ArmA servers? It seems like we have a decent amount of players that all play sometime during the week. The PR server gets password nights going and there is no reason why we can't get 60+ people playing at the same time on our servers. ArmA has such great potential for large scale engagements (hell, it was designed for it!) that I think it's about time TG capitalizes on it.

Additionally, I think we should reach out to some of the PR players and help introduce them to ArmA at TG. The two games both appeal to the realism/mil-sim crowd. As a player of both games, I think it's about time we start getting the two communities to mix and play together. If it's an issue of someone taking control and actually organizing the event, I would be fully willing to pitch in. What are your guy's thoughts on the matter?

Re: ArmA Organized Events

Cool!!! count me in~~~~

Comment

What are your goals? Are they just to announce a date and time that everyone should log on to the servers so we have matches with larger groups? Are you hoping for something like ShackTac that requires more experienced players?

Comment

I think he's goal is this : Return to Sunday Events (this is a link)
        Last edited by Jorge.PT; 02-02-2009, 05:05 PM.
        sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

I would be interested if it can accommodate East coast, west coast and European players
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Us europeans are a hardy bunch, we stay up for this stuff!

Comment

I would be up for it for sure.

At the moment, there isn't really many missions that can fit 60 players, but if there is genuine interest I could start working on some "large-scale" objective TvT. I'm just a little hesitant about that because last time I made such missions, there was little to no interest.

Comment

One specific event that we could arrange that would be fairly simple is a "Learn ArmA/ACE" night. I know there are a lot of TGer's who own ArmA, but have misconceptions about the game. They think it's broken or they just don't want to deal with the learning curve. I think we if have some of our regulars to help them get the hang of the game in a quick and fun setting.

Additionally, I think we should get some nights where we can set up proper teamwork and have everyone using proper comms in Teamspeak. While we may have 30 people in a server, we almost never get over 5 or 10 on Teamspeak. Even then, there are issues with proper communications and people talking over each other.

Comment

I am working on getting my headset fixed and ArmA back on the computer. Once I am fully up and running I would love to get back into the fray.
                  Once upon a long time ago I used to really enjoy ferrying troops in a little bird. This of course works great in large missions.

Comment

Originally posted by WaterIsPoison View Post
                    While we may have 30 people in a server, we almost never get over 5 or 10 on Teamspeak.
                    plz pardon my ignorance, but isn't that exactly the intended use of TS? (only the squad leaders and plt commander are supposed to be on TS, everyone else uses group-VOIP...)

Originally posted by Toshido View Post
                    I am working on getting my headset fixed and ArmA back on the computer. Once I am fully up and running I would love to get back into the fray.
                    do it! ACE + 1.15 patch is great! :D

Anyways... I would also probably be joining these, again depending on when they were scheduled.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Johnston View Post
                      plz pardon my ignorance, but isn't that exactly the intended use of TS? (only the squad leaders and plt commander are supposed to be on TS, everyone else uses group-VOIP...)
                      That is what is intended, however I rarely see it used effectively. It's become more of an off topic discussion area when people die or are waiting for the mission to end.

Comment

Having the Sunday scheduled events come back would be neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                          Having the Sunday scheduled events come back would be neat.
                          Agreed. I'm about to have a new born on my hands and maybe limited to Sunday play only ;)

Comment

i give a thumps up for organized event sundays.

Comment

The events were very fun to play in it's a shame they ever stopped.
                              "Gentlemen you can't fight in here this is the war room!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X