PR to Arma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR to Arma

I am spending some extra money to upgrade the video card on my computer then I will buy ARMA. I have some BF2:PR experience under my belt so I hope I can fit right in. Alot of comments regarding that the ARMA game is not worth buying has stopped me in the past but I figure if I can play and enjoy a bugged/low quality game like WW2 online I can handle whatever is said to be flawed with Arma.

The only question regards to what game I should buy.
    Arma2? OperationFlash2? Arma? These were all under this particular forum and confused me some what.

Re: PR to Arma

Well the future of ArmA 2 is unknown of course since we don't have any idea of how it will run. If it is going to be anything like how ArmA started then god help the developers by keeping us from ringing their knecks. Everyone that passes by here with what you were told about it not being worth it in the past probably never stuck around to see it now. It is totally different from the past and has improved 10 fold. It would be easy to tell you to go buy the game but you may possibly get addicted.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

If you can find ARMA cheap (less than $30.00) it may be worth it, but with ARMA 2 on the horizon I would wait.

ARMA is still too buggy both within the game itself and its online play. I don't play too often, but almost everytime I do there is a server crash.

Comment

I think there is a demo of ArmA available. It's also available on steam for $20. I'd play the demo first if you can find it. While I haven't played PR, ArmA (especially with the ACE mod) is the most realistic combat sim I've ever played and as I understand it the most realistic that is generally available to civilians at this time. But it is rough around the edges and in my opinion unintuitive. Additionally, realism can sound good and all, but to a lot of people it's one of those things that is good on paper but not in practice. I think it's a lot of fun, but it definitely isn't for everyone.

Comment

Don't get the demo, it is OLD and buggy. Also, don't get the steam version, it has update issues. Get a copy from ebay, all legit I might add, for about $5. Then you can really judge!

Comment

Yes, don't go for the demo, or you will never want to hear about ArmA again...
            sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

If your into reality based simulations which it would appear you are by playing BF2:Project Reality then just go and buy it. You won't regret it, particularly now with the ACE Mod. Like others have said avoid the demo just pick up the game apply the ACE Mods, patches, etc and enjoy. :)

Nil Desperandum Auspice Deo

Comment

I suggest you also avoid the single player missions they are buggy and have bad objectives. Only do the training missions then hop onto the server
                |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

ArmA has to be the best 30 bucks i've spent on a game in decades

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                  The BigC

Comment

Buy it! it's totally worth the money. And while ARMA2 might be coming out soon, past experience suggests that there will be about a year of patching and modding before it really becomes stable, so get ARMA now, enjoy it, along with the community and all the cool content that has come out for it, and worry about ARMA2 later on down the line.

Comment

Nah, I think BI has learned its lesson in regards to bugs at release. Also, whatever is being fixed in Arma patches will be transfered to Arma 2.

What probably will keep me away from Arma 2 the first six months though, is waiting for the ACE mod. I will probably go back to Arma a lot for that reason.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Tobruk View Post
                        If you can find ARMA cheap (less than $30.00) it may be worth it, but with ARMA 2 on the horizon I would wait.

ARMA is still too buggy both within the game itself and its online play. I don't play too often, but almost everytime I do there is a server crash.
                        My experience is the reverse. My game hardly crashes and I don't experience many server crashes at all.

Arma 2 may be on the horizon but that's what they kept saying about arma 1 and it came out 2 years later. If you have the money get it since we don't know when Arma 2 or OFP 2 are coming out - they did say first quarter this year but...
                        Jex.

Comment

@ the OP,

Longtime lurker here, I've played ARMA and have enjoyed the few times I have played here at TG. Excellent group here. ARMA is worth it, depending on your expectations. It is not an arcade type game. It's not a game, it's a small squad battle sim. There are lul periods where it takes forever to get an objective. Sometimes a lot of hanging around, but then the action hits. It's fast, unrelenting and over very fast. You may not survive. However, you may have just spent 3 hours on just one mission.

If you have a good pc, recent dual core, at least 2 gigs of RAM and a fast hard drive, ARMA will play well. Keep in mind, it streams a world. Don't look for high fps, just steady fps and you're good to go.

I just don't have the time for ARMA MP. I don't have several hours to kill at this moment to play this sim online. SP is fine if you look for user made missions. DynaWAr is very good.

If you do decide to get ARMA, you've come to the right place. Game VOIP is the best and manatory. And TG has a very good group here. Enjoy!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X