X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 cars in ARMA

I need someone to get on this!!!!

Formula One Ferrari F2004

How awesome would it be to have a race in ARMA just to blow off some steam some night. We had that helo competition, now how about some F1 racing. We could like do a lap around the island, or laps around the Air Base.
    What do you guys think? How would that work? Does someone just make a mission with that car in it, or would everyone have to download the car?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: F1 cars in ARMA

Awesome idea!!!!

Comment

Lol. Could be funny at some point.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

use them for training and do some aerial attacks on moving targets.....
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

We need to make a Cannonball Run mission! That would be the icing on the cake!

Comment

Are these as slow as the Skoda? seems like Arma doesnt support proper fast cars anyway, after 130kmh something you loose all traction.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Although I like them myself it would be wise to limit our addon list to a minimum. (i.e. ACE,ACE Islands, and Opteryxs' Islands)

Already we're seeing new players/members having problems installing them or having addons that aren't compatible with the TG servers at the time. Some even causing crashes.

Don't get me wrong, I like the addons out there. But eventually, we'll end up with insane amount of addons. Mostly not being used besides the odd mission or two that were made to utilize them specifically and this is coming from a guy that has over 20 gbs of ArmA addon files and enjoy making missions with them.

Also, the only 'tried and true' method to keep addon files updated is to use SVN.
              Another process that is not really needed if we limit the addons used. Besides, its another "one less" thing that needs to be done by the admin. I find it as an unnecessary task an admin will have to add to his/her enormous "list of things to do before even double clicking on 'Arma.exe'."

my 2 cents.

p.s. Bamboo, this posts intention is not to cause friction just something that came to mind when reading it.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I agree with LowSpeed, too many MODs will crush new interest. It maybe good for a event, but really has no place on there other then that.
                "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigC View Post
                  I agree with LowSpeed, too many MODs will crush new interest. It maybe good for a event, but really has no place on there other then that.
                  That is what I meant. It would be like a one time event like a Friday night or something.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Heheheh funny enough...I quite like this idea!! ;)
                    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Oh boy. This will be nothing like simracing... I can imagine it now, screaming over the mic "It's a non-contact event! Crap, fell off a cliff...".
                      :D

Comment

Get me a McLaren. I'm not driving those stupid Ferraris...

Comment

Alright now that we have F1s lets make the road from somato to cayo a race track! VROOM VROOM!

As long as there is man there will be wars-Albert Einstein

No man,No problem-Josef Stalin

Comment

Good idea. Some one could make a map with pedestrians, and use the bollards to close off roads.
                            Street circuit :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X