Hey... new to arma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey... new to arma

Hi I'm new to arma and new to these forums... I tried out a coop mission and all I have to say is... banana phone? Heh Im so lost and confused right now. None of this game makes any sense! Please someone help me out. I just want to have a fun tactical co-op game that isnt full of gadgets, doo-dads, bells and whistles that make no sense! I used to play OFP coop with a few friends and that was a blast.

Where do I start? What do I do? I've played some of the single player and the AI is terrible... Id like to play with other humans in control of AI squads maybe? Someone please help explain all this... stuff. I like the way the game handles and works, now I just need to find a server that makes sense!

Re: Hey... new to arma

Welcome, I am sure you will enjoy many games here at TG ArmA. My advice is to read the server SOP's in the announcements section for ArmA and get online and TS and dont be affraid to ask for help.

TG is a mature gameplay environment where players get chance to lead missions or if they prefer they can follow one of the many good leaders on this server. If you have any specific questions, please ask away, this crowd does not bite, well...only occasionally.

Enjoy!
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Get on TG's TeamSpeak Channel... look for someone with the |TG| tags..and ask for assistance. If they are not in the middle of saving the world from some terrorist nation I'm sure they will show you the ropes.. If you played OFP you are really not far off from ARMA.. But it does take time to get back into the swing of things...

Good luck!
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Welcome!

Some more advice on top of Blackdog's advice; listen to Blackdog.

Then you'll be fine :)

EDIT: Oh, and Jeepo :)

Comment

I agree, Listen to the Dawg. If you see that he is squad leading jump into his squad and tell him you are new. He helped me out greatly when I started.
          |TG-Irr|Duc748s

sigpic

Comment

Duca748s is right, if you need more experienced, try join a squad containing at least one TG squad member. It's law that they have to be helpful :P

Comment

Thanks for this thread redman. I bought the game about 2 months ago and have been extremely intimidated to try it online.

Comment

Jolliet - don't be intimidated, just jump on the TG server, look for a squad with a TG squad leader, jump in and tell them that you are new----> Have fun

Also read the AAR's (After Action Reports) to get a feel of how the game is played here at TG
                |TG-Irr|Duc748s

sigpic

Comment

and as for the bannana phone..in one of the more popular arma missions(evolution) if you got a negative score(you killed more friendlies than enemies) you were locked into a room for 1 minute and forced to listen to this

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...&hl=en&fs=true

at the end of which you were killed and sent back to play..if you killed another freidnly back to banna phone jail for another minute

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                  The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by JollietJake View Post
                    Thanks for this thread redman. I bought the game about 2 months ago and have been extremely intimidated to try it online.
                    holy crap :S I cant even imagine being intimated by playing online I think playing the SP is harder because you have to babysit the AI

Comment

Banana Phone!

| |

Comment

find myself wishing that left 4 dead had that feature when i play in pub servers with noobs who always incap me as i come to get them up after they ran head long into the horde

Comment

I can't believe that I just clicked on Charles Darwin's link. I must be going nuts.
                          BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I play BF2142/CSS/COD/L4D exclusively but I have to say this game has really been piquing my interest lately.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueTheory View Post
                              I play BF2142/CSS/COD/L4D exclusively but I have to say this game has really been piquing my interest lately.
                              So what are you waiting for? ArmA it's really cheap now, just grab a copy and have a date with us :D
                              sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...