X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghan Avgani

How to install that?

i did it like in the mod thread:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" [email protected];@ACE-Islands;@Afghan_Avgani

i copied all files into
    C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@Afghan_Avgani\Addons

everytime it kicks me and says it is deleted.

maybe cause i have a german version?

| | | |

Re: Afghan Avgani

It looks OK to me. What I'd say is double-check your command line parameters... should be something like

[email protected];@ACE;@Afghan_Avgani

-BoD
    BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

I have to agree with Barnacle and say that it's probably your shortcut target line that's messed up.

Mine looks like this, but only the bolded stuff is what matters, since I know you use the German Version, while I use the U.S. version through Steam.

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma armed assault\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]_Avgani

| |

Comment

thanks marine!

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]_Avgani

is working!

| | | |

Comment

As another idea, you could just copy all your maps into the ace islands folder to save on editing the short cut.
          Jex.

Comment

I also have the same problem as Bullseye. After reading this thread i've tried all the above but still i'm getting kicked from server!!!

kp.

Comment

Kit Pig, how are the contents of your Afghan Avgani folder arranged? Are the contents in the folder arranged like so?

You can see that my folder is named @OPX but the name makes no real difference. Make sure that all the pbo files are in \Afghan_Avgani\Addons\.

-BoD
              BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

thanks for the tip mate really appreciate it..
                If you show your head then your dead....

Comment

Barnacle,

It seem that I was missing a hole folder in my Addons file, "mLODS". The reason for this is Jeorge's how to post stated to ONLY copy "pdo" and "bisign" files into your Addon folder. I have now corrected this and hopefully i'm good to go.

pk.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Pig View Post
                    Barnacle,

It seem that I was missing a hole folder in my Addons file, "mLODS". The reason for this is Jeorge's how to post stated to ONLY copy "pdo" and "bisign" files into your Addon folder. I have now corrected this and hopefully i'm good to go.

pk.
                    You don't need the mLODS file or any other files besides the pbo's and bisign's. You must be putting a wrong path in the command line, don't forget about the "@" the folder name must be the same that in the command line.
                    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Jorge, this is copy straight from my 'Target' box....

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]_Avgani

Comment

Originally posted by Kit Pig View Post
                        Jorge, this is copy straight from my 'Target' box....

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -mod=beta -nosplash [email protected] [email protected] [email protected]_Avgani
                        And is the folder structure correct and similar to what you have here, ie. Avgani stuff is under "@Afghan_Avgani/Addons/"?

Also I'm not sure if it's necessary, but you could just put the mods part in a shorter form like this:
                        Code:
                        [email protected];@mod2;mod3;@mod4
                        Finally, here's a good guide on how to install ANY addon for Arma:
                        http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18
                        Note that you should NEVER use method one, or uninstalling the mods later on might be a major pita.

Personally I prefer method #3. Easy to enable/disable just the mods you want each time Arma is launched.

Comment

Kit Pig, I'd write it out like this (my target line, so obviously yours will be a bit different):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\ArmA.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACE-Islands;@Avgani

As Fincuan says with the ; separators instead of -mod= every time.

So yours would be...

Code:
                          C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACE-Island;@Afghan_Avgani

Comment

Originally posted by Lhowon View Post
                            Kit Pig, I'd write it out like this (my target line, so obviously yours will be a bit different):

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\ArmA.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACE-Islands;@Avgani

As Fincuan says with the ; separators instead of -mod= every time.

So yours would be...

Code:
                            C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\arma.exe" -nosplash -mod=beta;@ACE;@ACE-Island;@Afghan_Avgani
                            Any benefit from using separators instead of -mod= every time? I mean, other than the fact that it might be a little easier to organize if you are frequently adding and changing out mods.

| |

Comment

I would very much recommend using a program for handling what mods you want to launch. With the all new Yomas addon sync 2009 beta you can even browse servers in the tool!

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_...-addonsync2009

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X