Alittle help please.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alittle help please.....

Ok lads I have a tech question for you all out there that I need help with please......

Today I got in the mail afew new toy to take my gaming experience to the next level. I got a ButtKicker which is a seat shaker (google...) and a new 7.1 head set and a IR Tracker. The heads set works great and the Buttkicker shakes the house to bits. All seems fine so far but my problem is the ButtKicker works on the Audio out/ sub channel and when I plug the head set in it cancels out the ButtKicker. My wife says that if I wish to play "Weekend Warrior" I must where a head set so I need to work out how to run the ButtKicker while wearing the head set.

Any idea's.......

Re: Alittle help please.....

A audio front panel wont work?
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Jorge sorry for the dumb question but what is an 'Audio Front Panel'? Any links to what you speak of?

pk.

Comment

I think he is referring to the little Mic and speaker jack holes in the front of your PC, maybe plugging one of them in there will be OK?

Comment

No problem kit pig, I'm talking about something like this:

[media]http://www.sundialmicro.com/images/products/items/fp32bmain.jpg[/media]

They normally come with the PC towers, but I'm sure you can buy them apart. Check for "I/O front panel"
          sigpic

Comment

Jorge I still don't understand.....

If I plug the headphones (USB) into the computer it cuts out the ButtKicker. It's kinda like trying to run your speakers and your headphones all at the same time, thats what I need to do to get it running.

Comment

I just ran ButtKicker Support in the USA for Tech info, they claim that I can not run my 7.1 USB headset with the ButtKicker. Reason is I need to run a "Y" lead (splitter lead) between my headset and the Buttkicker. Does anyone know if you are able to buy an adaptor for USB to phonejack???

Comment

I now understand it kit pig, I was thinking that you were talking about audio jacks all the time... Unfortunately I don't know any solution for your problem.
                sigpic

Comment

Unless your 7.1 Headset has a USB to 3.5mm adapter, provided by the hardware vendor, I belive you would be out of luck in your current configuration. If such a adapter exists for the headset, then you could avoid pluging in via usb, and using your 7.1 capable soundcard, with a audio splitter on your black channel (sub), running the split to the Backkiccker seat.
                  The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Yes Impulse you are right..... I've had to go back to my old headset which is compatible with the ButtKicker and ditch the 7.1 surround headset. As fair as I can tell i'm unable to get a USB to 3.5 jack adaptor. :-(

Comment

I think the USB > 3.5mm adaptor doesnt exist. The type of data are completly different. But u could try and buy an extra soundcard with a USB exit. Then you can connect the headset to one soundcard and the ButtKicker to the other. You will still need to configure them to process the same sounds together (dont know if its possible - maybe you'll need a special driver with fancy mixers).

Or u can still try those (old) USB splitters (like a hub) and hope the system will simply spilt the data.

Comment

I think by Y splitter, they mean 1USB > 2 USBs. Dunno how that helps, but that's what I gather.

I would use jack headphones for now.

Comment

It can be done, but needs a bit of tech savviness to it.

i can tell you the concept but not specifices.

Basically a USB headset takes USB data and sends it to an inline soundcard on the headset. The set I had was a small box on the cord with volume controls etc...
                          The data from USB plug to souncard is unusable for you buttshaker of course. The signal from soundcard to headet should be usable.

If I was brave and here is what I would do.

Strip the headset cable above the soundcard.

Find the subwoofer signal. Easiest way is if your headset came with configuration software which can isolate channels. just keep trying the sub channel while playing with wires. Personly I would find the contact at the soundcard . Taking apart a soundcard and finding exposed connection is better then chopping and stripping wires. A volmeter would likely be able to find the signal.

Then simply wire in a 3.5mm headphone jack into the wire and you are good to go.

Again I am kinda talking out of my ass but this all makes sense to me.

Again personally if i were to attempt something like this I would buy a CHEAP USB headset and try it with that first so I don't butcher a nice headset.

Comment

Well done Toshido, thats the kinda answer i'm looking for. What you are proposing sound to me like the only answer to my problem, now the question is "How much are you going to charge me for you to make it"!!!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X