Sunday Events and GMT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Events and GMT

It seems evident that there people are having issues with GMT time and wondering what time that is for you. For this event, it seems that most people showed up at 4:00 EST while some did not. Would it be easier if we said 4:00 EST or whenever the event will be held?

I just want to work out any kinks and make sure that no one misses the event because of time zone issues or whatever.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Sunday Events and GMT

I think GMT is the right approach. It's independent from summer times etc. and it's rather simple to find out what time it is in GMT (gazillions of sites such as http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ will show a real-time clock).

It's also not true that the UK time is always the same as GMT (as I think someone stated on the server today), from March to October (i.e. right now) it's not, so the event today took place at 2000 hrs GMT not as announced at 2100. Seems it didn't stop most people from being there nonetheless. ;-) Whatever is used in the future, maybe just add a link to a site which has a real-time clock of the used time/timezone, so we all know when the time has come.

Comment

List GMT and EST and everyone should be covered.

Comment

Hey there, thought this could actually help you guys:
        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

Just enter a date, time, and world location and it will give what time it is in the rest of the world.

Pretty damn useful and easy to do.

Example: Yesterday's event (2100 GMT) all around the world was:
        http://www.timeanddate.com/worldcloc...n=0&sec=0&p1=0

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Yes, finally someone realised it also! I was trying to tell this to everyone yesterday...

GMT or Zulu Time, doesn't change with the summer time, currently UK and Portugal are at GMT+1 or BST (British Summer Time).

This means that yesterday event, took place at 20:00 GMT ;)
          sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge.PT View Post
            Yes, finally someone realised it also! I was trying to tell this to everyone yesterday...

GMT or Zulu Time, doesn't change with the summer time, currently UK and Portugal are at GMT+1 or BST (British Summer Time).

This means that yesterday event, took place at 20:00 GMT ;)
            yea but it was announced for 2100 GMT. and its not that hard to google a GMT - EST or CET whatever internetpage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosatii View Post
              List GMT and EST and everyone should be covered.

Yeah thats the best way to do it, list both times rather than writing just one :)
              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Not wanting to appear pedantic (but after 33 years of passing through the worlds time zones). Zulu +1 (British Summertime) is actually Alpha.

Find your own here: Zones
                sigpic
                | |
                TG ArmA Pathfinder
                One pass haul ass - Greed kills

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse