So I bought ArmA...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I bought ArmA...

So I just bought ArmA Gold Edition like an hour ago (for the sole purpose of playing with the TG community :)) and I would like to know where to start. Is there a MOD for ArmA?

Project Reality: |TG| Dragyns
    TG Supporting Member, and Serving Canadian Armed Forces Member
    Canadian Forces Land Force Command - "Vigilamus Pro Te" We Stand on Guard for Thee

Re: So I bought ArmA...

Here is the link to the mods we use mate, make sure to check the 2nd page for updated links. http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ay-server.html
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Thank you, I'll get right on that!

Do you recommend me playing the SP of ArmA first then straight to the MOD?

Canadian Forces Land Force Command - "Vigilamus Pro Te" We Stand on Guard for Thee

Comment

Do your self a favor and never play ArmA SP, it is buggy and the storyline sucks. Play the mod first, do the training missions then hop on the server.
        |TG-73rd|Socomseal
        |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
          Do your self a favor and never play ArmA SP, it is buggy and the storyline sucks. Play the mod first, do the training missions then hop on the server.
          What he says ^^

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

...wow aiming is frustrating in this game. lol

Comment

Another Canadian newbie!
              Welcome C7 :D

I found I had to turn the aim/sway setting right down, to be able to play. Is that what's frustrating you? I've read somewhere that some more experienced (ArmA/OFP) players find it useful though.

Seeken
              Seeken

Comment

Well, playing the game gives me a headache. I can't even pass the tutorial's marksmanship level!

Haha.. this Canadian soldier will die in ArmA :p

Comment

to fix the aiming simply turn off float zone (move the bottom bar all the way left)
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal

Comment

Originally posted by C7A1 View Post
                    Well, playing the game gives me a headache. I can't even pass the tutorial's marksmanship level!

Haha.. this Canadian soldier will die in ArmA :p
                    Do the training missions in ACE, you have the option to adjust the sights to the range your firing at, while the vanilla arma doesn't.

Comment

Welcome to ArmA! Now be prepared to lose your friends, girlfriends, money, time and life.
                      Enjoy!

In a good way ofcourse...

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by LowSpeedHighDrag View Post
                        Welcome to ArmA! Now be prepared to lose your friends, girlfriends, money, time and life.
                        Enjoy!

In a good way ofcourse...
                        exactly this happens..lol

Welcome in the ArmA world!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Seeken View Post
                          I've read somewhere that some more experienced (ArmA/OFP) players find it useful though.
                          It is indeed effing useful! Feels more realistic and I just like the fact that I can still aim at one point and swing my head around a bit.

Also, never under-estimate the power of the Left ALT key.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                          The BigC

Comment

Welcome to ArmA! It is a fun game, especially thanks to TG. Hope to see you on the battlefield sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Xmaster View Post
                              Also, never under-estimate the power of the Left ALT key.
                              hahah... since I've been playing ArmA, that particular key and I have gotten to know each other VERY well!
                              I may have to revisit my float settings now that I'm thinking about it.

Seeken
                              Seeken

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...