Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Konami joining the Tac-Sim boat.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6207454...dlines;title;5
    This could go well or badly. From what they are doing it sounds promising. Real world data, marine veteran accounts, having them oversee the development etc.

I would keep an eye on this one...

What do you think?

(Note: Please no negative comments based on the ideal that if it's not BIS, it's crap.)

Lol, it's funny watching everyone getting all hippy-ish and political in the comments.

Re: Konami joining the Tac-Sim boat.

I think the overall aspect and idea around the game is interesting. You are right when u say it will go good or very bad. It is a touchy subject and they are going to have to take their time on final release so that the game is published in a state that does not rub off on people the wrong way
    Last edited by Zantheus; 04-07-2009, 10:04 PM.
    |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Agreed.
      They are breaking into rough ground. but they have the team, funding, and idea. The basis of a good game. Only thing they're missing is experience, but they need to start somewhere.

Comment

Yea that is true...hopefully with the right minds, they can bring a new edge and era to simulation gaming. Will be a long wait to see how they do
        |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

As Zan stated. This could be a very cool game just like it could be the worst game ever. I have mixed feelings about this one. And I think its too early to say if the game will be good or not.

But by reading the article there is one little thing I didnt quite like:
          Players will be part of a four-person fire team tasked with taking out any insurgents they encounter.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
          The BigC

Comment

I saw this and got a very Full Spectrum Warrior vibe from it. Both in art style, and design in general from what I can tell. I'll follow it because it could be promising, but they are developing a game on a very slippery slope in both ethical and game design terms.

Comment

In console times, the word "realistic" became a new meaning...

Comment

The fact they are usuing sattelite data for the maps and setting, and they are getting veterans to help with the design and sotry etc. of the game, there is hope...

Comment

CoD 5 was suppose to recreate the brutal environments of the eastern front and the pacific too and if you tell someone you prefer realistic first person shooters, they think of CoD 4 and 5. Those are by no means realistic but for some reason the video game world has made hollywood action the definition of realistic. WWII vets and military advisors helped with the Medal of Honor and CoD games but they were still arcady.

The game could be great if done right, but knowing how todays majority are when it comes to gaming, I'm guessing it will have regenerating health and run and gun play. Hopefully I am wrong though as the setting could make for an intense game if it is done correctly.
                  |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                  TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Originally posted by LCpl. Soto View Post
                    CoD 5 was suppose to recreate the brutal environments of the eastern front and the pacific too and if you tell someone you prefer realistic first person shooters, they think of CoD 4 and 5. Those are by no means realistic but for some reason the video game world has made hollywood action the definition of realistic. WWII vets and military advisors helped with the Medal of Honor and CoD games but they were still arcady.

The game could be great if done right, but knowing how todays majority are when it comes to gaming, I'm guessing it will have regenerating health and run and gun play. Hopefully I am wrong though as the setting could make for an intense game if it is done correctly.
                    Yea they were meant to be "realistic" but this is supposed to be a "simulation" so I would assume that there will be no run and gun or health regens...
                    |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

As far as I understand, Konami is only the publisher. Atomic games is the developer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Games

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

"Atomic Games has also stated that the game's environments are 100% destructible and degradable thanks to a completely custom rendering engine, and it would surpass that of Battlefield: Bad Company."

Big words... The BF:BC destruction system was amazing. Also funny how, on the same page, Atomic Games describe the game as "a survival horror game, but not in the traditional sense." I mean, you wouldn't really have a run-n'-gun Survival Horror game, would ya?

Comment

There is no official source that defines how a survival horror game must be made to fit in the genre, there are just games in the genre that the label, "survival horror" make you think of and thus compare other games to them. That being said survival horror and run and gun play could coencide based on how they envision the game. Though too far into the run and gun style and it would be an action game and at that point, the developers have misslabeled it. If someone were to say you can't have survival horror with run and gun play, then this game can't be a survival horror without a camera system like the old Resident Evil games or the game would need to have monsters and zombies to be a survival horror game. Just want to point out I don't see how this game could be a survival horror game.

Personnaly I see the old RE and old Silent Hill games as survival horror. Trying to label a game based off of reality with no monsters or supernatural elements as survival horror is a far stretch. War movies don't go in the horror section of the video rental store and this game won't have the feel of a survival horror game, regardless of whether or not it has run and gun play. Now if it has some crazy nightmare segments and a camera system like RE then it would fit right in with survival horror. The game is supposed to be based of of reality and try to simulate it to an unknown degree so I don't see the survival horror theme being noticeable. If you consider seeing the brutal reality of something as survival horror, then traumatic events and media about them should be considered survival horror/horror also.

The reason why I think, not know, that it will have run and gun play is because that's what the majority of players in the market like and those are the games that sell. I hope the game is more realistic and actually does a decent job portraying some of the things people had to go through while batteling in Fallujah though.

P.S. Realism and simulation go hand in hand. A certain level of simulation is required to have a level of realism.
                          Last edited by LCpl. Soto; 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM. Reason: added comment
                          |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                          TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

New article out on this game. Doesn't sound very hopeful. Interesting read either way:
                            http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1110

Comment

Originally posted by Oakley View Post
                              New article out on this game. Doesn't sound very hopeful. Interesting read either way:
                              http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1110
                              Was a good read on the game. Thanks.

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...