A bad day to be in the Helo!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bad day to be in the Helo!

These moments happen in game sometimes and this was priceless! I was testing tonight my new mission "The Scientist" (mentioned in mission dev page) its a large scale event map for 70 players.

Well finally all seems to be going well and the various elements that I needed are now in place. I have a new bespoke version of TJ72's airlift script and Norrin has been superb help in implementing his new ACE revive system and it works really well.

So here is the situation....

I dropped into my boat which was dropped from my airlift helicopter just offshore (nice eh?) I made my way to shore to what I thought was a quiet and safe beach landing point....

Not so much! Literally as soon as I had made my way 1/4 of a mile on shore and the helo had gone, I was jumped by an infantry patrol. Running firefight then ensued as I retreated to the beach taking rounds left right and center and running from one rock to another. Droppd a few bad guys then...whats that....??? dammit a Shilka...took care of him and called for urgent EVAC...

My pilot was on his way and I set an LZ on the beach...went running down a large hillside..enemy in pursuit...turn fire....run..turn fire run...suddenly I hear the helicopter in the distance...."oh thank you god!"....

As the Helo approaches the enemy open up on him...so I drop two of them and then have about a 200 yard run to the helo....bullets cracking off the helo and past my ears I jump in and give the command to dustoff..... wooohooo we made it....I plot my nw route and safe LZ further up the coast...finally relaxig I look to my pilot who obviously had nerves of steel to land in such a hot zone...only to find.............

"oh No.....you better be taking a nap buddy.....this is not good..." yet you are still flying...??? Hmmmm hang in there Pilot....here let me wipe the blood from your eyes...

Sure enough we reach the new LZ, I wave off the pilo in his very damaged UH60 and watch as he dodges an AA missile on his exit route and low and behold....he makes it back to base for much needed repairs and medical care....

I unfortunately whilst watching this amazing display of air skill, failed to notice I had landed roughly 500m from a bunch of insurgents out for a night stroll who proceded to light me up like a Christmas tree!!! Oh well....

Testing continues...........

;)
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: A bad day to be in the Helo!

Haha that's classic, nice "Oh you've got to be kidding me" moment. Intriguing mission too, can't wait to play it.

Comment

Sounds really nice. Cant wait to test it out.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

Ok...release it, release it!

Comment

that sounds great cant wait to try it :)
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by socomseal93 View Post
            that sounds great cant wait to try it :)
            +1
            |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

You know the pilot wasn't even hurt he simply was drinking the night before and was playing with you.

Comment

"you are still flying...???" ahahah
                "Observe how wisely mother Nature, the parent and creator of the human race, has seen to it that some spice of folly shall nowhere be lacking." Erasmus of Rotterdam

Comment

Wow lol that'd be such a bummer if i was in your shoes bud.

As long as there is man there will be wars-Albert Einstein

No man,No problem-Josef Stalin

Comment

It is quite amazing how he can fly it with just his legs!! ;p

Comment

The worst (virtual) day I've had in a helo was one mission where a fully loaded Chinook was crashed not due to any enemy action, but the pilot being too incompetent to select a different LZ after the first was discovered to be full of GD trees.

VOIP sounded like this "...ooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PULL UP! PULL UP! PULL YOU ARROGANT ASS, YOU'VE KILLED US ALL!"
                      Last edited by Blackdog1; 04-10-2009, 05:59 AM. Reason: Dont ever let me catch you say that at a player in game!

Comment

We have a lot of new players at TG which is fantastic and welcome, however I ENCOURAGE all of you to read the server SOP's and other posts with regards to server language.

We have respect for each other on TG ArmA servers which means you do not holla abuse at anyone, no matter what stupid thing they may do... Just a heads up people. Anyone calling another player Mother...... will ride the "Ban Bus" very quickly! This is not to be a party pooper but we do expect some standards here and appreciate it if all pay attention to this.

Cheers
                        BD1
                        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed