1st Lead was Epic Fail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Lead was Epic Fail

Well the mission was "Operation Minatour" and I was the CO of the Independent Team...we gear up in a good fashion and head out in a Humvee convoy. Entering from the North road we come to small resistance at the start. Then BOOM!!!! Out of no where came a BRDM that was missed by our Littlebird Recon from the BluFOR side. It took out about 2/3 of our side. Plus, we had a guy walk into an IED and nearly take out his whole platoon.

While on the topic....were any of your 1st leads epic fails?
    |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Re: 1st Lead was Epic Fail

Haha I wouldn't feel bad about that, Minotour is notorious for how bad it can go very quickly. I've seen it fall to pieces almost immediately on entering the city under experienced leaders.

In fact I remember having my humvee ripped to pieces by that very same BRDM....

Comment

Yeah the streets there are dead traps, insurgents pop up behind you through roads that your squad has already cleared, and I think Ace wired up every car in the city with an IED.

Comment

Lol yeah sorry about that, still gaining experience on how to lead, but now i know never to do that again ;p

Comment

Uhm, what you talk about, the event is in approx. 5 hours?! you must be talking about a past event right?

Comment

Nope this was just a mission on that TG #2 server a few days ago

Comment

Dude, what fun is leading if you don't have EPIC FAILS sometimes. Thats the stuff good laughs are made of.

I hope noone ever stops leading from fails.. infact.. usually the BEST commanders are the ones that fail a ton and they learn what works, what does not.... although many many brave soldiers have to die for their learning, but oh well.
              Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Everyone has mishaps when their leading, dont let it put you off :)
                PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Sh** happens, don't worry about it too much. As long as you learn from your mistakes and are able to realize what went wrong, you will get better. Also it is a good idea to start off with fire team leading then move to squad leading then platoon commander. It is very hard to learn how to succesfully lead a platoon until you know how to lead a fire team or squad. Being a PL requires knowing what a squad needs to survive and squad leading requires knowing what a fire team needs to survive. Learning is an on going proccess anyways, I'm sure the experienced PL's out there still learn something new every mission.
                  |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                  TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Couldn't have said better than what Carver and Soto said.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X