Suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion

Just about a minute ago we were playing DOM East on server one. People were enjoying it, Letlev actually spent serious time lifting an SU and having it repaired. Someone wanted to be voted admin (wont use names). He kept posting vote for me vote for me. I don't think everyone who voted for him knew he had the intentions to change the map. There were about 18 people on the server at the time.. and AT LEAST half were openly voicing that they liked DOM east and didnt want the map changed, let alone the time and effort already have been put into cleaning up the map, repo' vehicles, etc. The admin won the vote and immediately changed the map. Shouldn't he have had to AT LEAST take a vote 1/vote 2 vote to see if the map should be changed? Isn't that standard? Just because you aren't enjoying the map you should selfishly get admin and immediately change the map. You basically made your 1 vote overrule at least 10 others...

All in all... If you're going to be an admin, please do it fairly and use the voting system... don't just use the power to get your way and play what you want... completely unacceptable.

Re: Suggestion

I agree with you here but it would also be a good idea not to vote someone into admin that you do not know or isn't one of the regular voted admins.
    |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
    TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Yeah it was a pity, we were having fun with Domi and doing actual teamwork, which is rare on that map. I loved playing Domi east, prefer it above west. Ah well, I left the server as soon as they ended it, that's my statement and the only thing I'll say about it. It's their server after all.

Kimmy
      Last edited by Kimmeh; 04-17-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

the admin was a regular server player and TG member

Comment

I like your efforts not to mention any names. I think that's a respectful thing to do.

Standard or not, I think it would be common courtesy to take a vote and see what the majority of players want to play. At least, that's the guidelines I use when I am voted. You'll have to remember though that you can't please everybody, all the time. Simply isn't possible. From what I've read though Bob, sounds like a vote should have been done to see what the majority of the players on at the time wanted to play.

| |

Comment

That admin was me. And when trying to get voted, I said I was going to change the map multiple times. I was changing the map because the domination was getting "Fubar". The map was lagging after being played for four hours, and enemy vehicles kept making their way into our main, which happened about three times. When I changed it, the server pop remained at about 15, and we played some good coordinated Co-op for the rest of the night. Im sorry that I might of offended you by not liking eastern domination, but you dont have to shout F*** you over the global channel.

Comment

Well telling him, "f*** you," wasn't a good idea. Since he said he was going to get some coordinated coop missions on once voted then that seems like the majority were fine with changing it. I usually don't hop on when Domination is going but sometimes I'll see if people want to vote me as admin so we can do some coop missions. If I get voted in, that means the majority want to do missions. Sounds like Gunner did it right since he was voted in under the pretense that he would change to a mission.
              |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
              TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Admins have been made aware of it, and some good things to bring up. Regardless of if you have been voted Admin, you need to take a vote before changing missions. And when you consider the fact that we have 2 servers up, it annoys me that this actually happened in the first place. If there were a group of people that were tired of playing DOM, then move to the other server. Pretty easy fix.

And I understand why people got upset if there was a lot of work done towards finishing the mission, but there is renewed interest in keeping the comms clean, so PLEASE in the future don't cuss someone out. It is better to come here and post in the CONTACT AN ADMIN, where it can be dealt with.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Big part of the problem is that the servers have different mission lists. I'd like to play some small scale TvT, but it is practically impossible because there is none on Server 2 and Server 1 is usually running Domination. I'd be happy with playing some WAC_Light_Inf missions or similar, but again, all on Server 1, so it's either ruin people's Domination game, or play on Server 2, which doesn't have many of the missions I enjoy.

Comment

rgr i apologize i didnt literally say F you, more like WTF xD. And it for sure wasn't the majority of people wanting to change... like I said at least 10 publicly typed please dont change. But yes fact is that a 1/2 vote is absolutely necessary.

Comment

just happened AGAIN on server 1!!! Domination on.... people are loading up in BH's to do sidemission or w/e... and admin says we are changing map to play tvt, then does so literally 1 second after. Admin said "we voted before you got here"... yet people were there before me were like we did? The servers are being run like its a few people's own personal playground... I don't think that is what it is meant to be? Could be wrong...

Comment

Actually the account you are now talking about did have a vote, and it was decided to play BHD over dom.
                        |TG|Ghost02
                        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Honestly, it seems the mission selection has left something to be desired recently.

Comment

True. We keep playing bad/broken/boring missions.
                            |TG|Ghost02
                            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Agreed, i seem to see some repetitive or just plain boring missions being played usually

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X