Now that I got it running...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I got it running...

I'm pretty overwhelmed. Oddly it is what I wanted having played a life time of fps/third person action games from Wolf 3d to present day, things get stale when you feel like you've played the same game for the millionth time, just this time it's shinier and prettier.

What I'm rambling about is wow this is an awesomely complex game and I'm a wee bit nervous about making a fool of myself in multiplayer, especially the TG servers as you guys look like you keep a tight ship and that's the one place I'd like to be accepted. I've been reading your rules and such but where else do I go? I've heard the singleplayer is right bad. Just stick it out and try and learn as I go along online?

Re: Now that I got it running...

ahhh don't worry, we are all fools. Just jump to the servers and anyone there will gladly help you with the basics, use single player only to practice flying and shooting AT's.

Glad that you are enjoying TG and welcome to the forums.

PS: Don't be afraid to use your microphone, the experience is allot better when you are able to talk.
    sigpic

PR BF2 Alias: NewOrder_JoyDivision

Comment

Just let people know you are new and they will help you out... walk you through it. and tell which buttons to push... Then you will catch on slowly but surely

Comment

So welcome to TG ArmA! I'd advise you to just skip the singleplayer and go straight to multiplayer on the TG servers. There'll always be some people on who are willing to help a new guy out.

Also, think about hopping on our Teamspeak!

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/teamspeak.php

Patches and MODs

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...s-running.html

And our Sunday Events

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...l-sign-up.html

| |

Comment

Please accept Comrade Marines doctrination with the humblest of wishes from the United TG community

Comment

some friendly advice: I would stay away from the "domination" missions.... they are not representative of quality ArmA play IMO...

These missions are to lone wolf players like a fat kid in a candy store... I know if I started out in domination I probably would have not continued to play ArmA (had I not played OFP before it)

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
              some friendly advice: I would stay away from the "domination" missions.... they are not representative of quality ArmA play IMO...

These missions are to lone wolf players like a fat kid in a candy store... I know if I started out in domination I probably would have not continued to play ArmA (had I not played OFP before it)
              I agree, I was about done with ArmA because of how most domination servers played, then I found TG :).

I recommend not taking on any specialty roles or team leader positions until you learn the basics of gameplay. So just join a Fire Team (4 man group) where the Fire Team Leader has a mic. Play as a Rifleman then once you get the controls and play style down, try other roles like SAW gunner, Grenadier, Assault Gunner, and so forth. And don't try to be a Rambo or you will find your self waiting a long time for the mission to end. The play style in this game is a lot different from other FPS games. Best of luck.
              |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
              TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Well buddy you started off ArmA in the right place! Playing with TG is probly going to be the best time playing ArmA trust me ;).

As long as there is man there will be wars-Albert Einstein

No man,No problem-Josef Stalin

Comment

Yep what everyone has said above is correct. I also agree with Soto's method for learning, once you master the basics, you can start leading. TG is a great place to learn. Have a great time gaming :D

Comment

I've been playing ArmA for about a year, and i started off in MP when i got it, SP is straight out bad, just come to the TG server as said before and people will help you out :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X