Default Start Mission- Speak your mind

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Start Mission- Speak your mind

Jeepo, Marine, and I were on TS and were wondering if people are burned out on Blackhawk Down (I have heard a few people say that on comms).

I think BhD was picked because it is a good mission for a few people to play while the server gets filled up. But I was wondering if there is a different one everyone would prefer. I know it isn't that hard for most people to change missions, but still seems like BhD usually gets played through.

I think it is best to leave Domination as default on Server1, since that is easy for a small group of guys to get in and get going.

So tell us, should BhD stay or change, and if change, you need to give an example of what is a good starter mission for early in the day when not many people are on.

:row__523::icon_cool:row__631::row__572::row__540: :row__642::row__593::row__536::row__521::madsmile: :row__577:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Default Start Mission- Speak your mind

For getting the server started, a respawn mission should probably be selected. This way people can hop on and get in on the action for a bit. Once they finish the mission or get an admin voted in, they can go to a different mission. If the current BHD has JIP, then that could work but at the same time, people that die might disconnect and thus the server will fill up slower. There are lots of respawn missions, I just can't think of any names since I try to avoid playing them : ()
    |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
    TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

I think a server populating mission would a default. Missions that has JIP and Respawn. That way new comers can get in on the action and stay in the server... And if the population rises up they can change to a more serious map if they want to.

Delta Force, Ingrained Intelligence, Deep Stryke Missions come to mind.

Comment

*runs away to mission editor*

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I think the street sweeper could be a good map to start off with. Respawn, JIP, and it takes a while to clear the town.

Comment

Street Sweeper.
            |TG|Ghost02
            TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I agree that default mission should be JIP and Respawn, as it fills the server...

however I think it should be some common practice that once the server gets around 20 players, that the mission can be expected to be switched to a non JIP, no respawn mission as those tend to play alot better.

I disagree with having domination on the server at all (different topic, I know)

Comment

I know BlackDog is working on a mission that might be a good replacement for Domination. I don't mind going with something other than domination either, but means we need to come up with 2 missions that are JIP and Respawn.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Street sweeper and Airport raid are my choices.
                  |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                  |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Street Sweeper (AVG) and Airport Raid (Freya) are preferred defaults. But Default missions usually need to be updated multiple times over the course of their life to keep people coming back for more. BHD could be updated by having 5-6 random crash site spawn points. It's not the Mission itself that gets old.. its the same old Route everyone takes to get it done!

Comment

Originally posted by WinchesterHero View Post
                      It's not the Mission itself that gets old.. its the same old Route everyone takes to get it done!
                      Very true. I remember the times when BHD and Operation Minotaur used to be very hard even with a full complement of guys, but now that succesful routes have been found in both they're not that hard to complete with just five guys(and no attack chopper in Minotaur).

Maybe add a weekly poll to for the start mission, or otherwise just change it weekly? Or would that be a lot of work? Whichever the starting mission is it usually gets "old" pretty fast if the same one, without variations, that is used for a long time.

Comment

I think that street weeper would be good if it wasn't for the mortars that hit the base as i got killed when i joined the server on street weeper in around 10 secs due to mortar fire. In my opinion 10 seconds of running to ammo just to be hit by mortar and wait 3 mins is not so fun, I suggest ingrained intelligence (avg) or revenge of our fathers - the wrath (afghan village) {i think that's the name of it anyway}.
                        Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

Originally posted by Gregos View Post
                          I think that street weeper would be good if it wasn't for the mortars that hit the base as i got killed when i joined the server on street weeper in around 10 secs due to mortar fire. In my opinion 10 seconds of running to ammo just to be hit by mortar and wait 3 mins is not so fun,
                          That's exactly what it is like in the RL mate. That's why there are buildings, as soon as you hear those rounds coming in, forget getting ammo, run like hell into a hut and take cove, then when it is clear, go get gear and form up on your officer ASAP.

I may add a concrete BUNKER for version 5 in the camp near ammo crates, that way there in somewhere to hide during an attack.

The mortar rounds dont always fall on the base, but people should take standard operating procedure that when mortars start firing they take cover.

;)
                          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Realistic or not, it doesn't make a very good server filling mission because of that, even if it's otherwise a nice mission. Not very encouraging to join and get blasted even before the black screen clears :) I'd probably just disconnect right away.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                              That's exactly what it is like in the RL mate. That's why there are buildings, as soon as you hear those rounds coming in, forget getting ammo, run like hell into a hut and take cove, then when it is clear, go get gear and form up on your officer ASAP.

I may add a concrete BUNKER for version 5 in the camp near ammo crates, that way there in somewhere to hide during an attack.

The mortar rounds dont always fall on the base, but people should take standard operating procedure that when mortars start firing they take cover.
                              I didn't have time to get to cover and the black screen just went and boom basically, was very annoying. I understand that it is suppose to be realistic but some more cover would be nice or when you spawn your in cover so this doesn't happen. It would appease the masses (ME) if you spawned us in cover.
                              Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X