Sreaming Music Through Direct Chat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sreaming Music Through Direct Chat

I've been with you guys for a while, and every now and then I see some guys streaming music through direct chat for the rest of our enjoyment during mission prep. How do you do this? I've been wondering for a while. I don't think it has to do with creating a custom sound, it seems more along the lines of having whatever's playing on your computer stream through your mic. Could someone tell me how?

Re: Sreaming Music Through Direct Chat

I believe the easiest way to accomplish this is to have your MP3 player (Or Radio) on a separate system, the speakers Cranked UP, and an Open Mic. That gives you the most flexibility. broadcasting an actual made for arma sound limits its audio fidelity and length.. having to be shared on the server to all players making for Lag or even a Crash.. although I could be wrong. Also to be considered is proper Comms Etiquette. If anyone asks you to cease broadcasting during a mission, you should do so immediately.

BTW, Welcome to the Forums, MastaAce!

Comment

Convert audio sample to OGG and compress @ 8000Hz 16-bit Mono.
      Size restrictions do apply : 50KB (30 seconds of audio at above restriction)
      Place ogg files into your ArmA Profiles sound directory.
      The name of said file will be shown when played over radio. (Radio : 0 : Custom : 9 : OGG : #)

example
      directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\ArmA Other Profiles\T%2eWilson\sound\jim.ogg

I've played a few sound files for you guys... So check your "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA\players\T%2eWilson" for examples...

And please only play the audio at appropriate times, only use Group or Vehicle chat, and most important NO BON JOVI!

Cheers
      Tom Wilson

The M16A2 service rifle is a lightweight air-cooled, gas-operated, magazine-fed shoulder weapon.
      It fires a 5.56 mm ball projectile at a muzzle velocity of 2,800 feet per second. This is my rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by TWilson View Post
        And please only play the audio at appropriate times, only use Group or Vehicle chat, and most important NO BON JOVI!
        What!? What do you mean?

...oh, wait, I don't play ARMA. Carry on.

Comment

I don't mind if someone plays music for us while riding in a HMMWV or getting a lift in a chopper but during the planning phase or when we are marching to our destination, I wouldn't want music playing since it would interfear with communications.
          |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
          TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Ah okay thanks guys. And Soto yeah that's what I meant, playing music during those long-ass boring travel phases of the mission.

Comment

some times the music is fitting for the assault like with apocalypse v3 must be played with ride of the Valkyries as all the choppers are hitting the targets
              Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

Music cannot be played in any other channel other than DIRECT. That way it reduces the impact on the SL who may be trying to talk to command on TS or in game and Vehicle or Group comms will simply blow that out of the water.

In general it is not encouraged on the server unless in very rare occasions.
                BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

I remember seeing an iPOD addon on Armaholic that acts as an in-game music player. I don't know if the server has to support it in order for individual players to use it, but you could give it a try.

Comment

I do it by turning "stereo mix" on in windows input volume control, turning down Arma sounds in options, and play the music on my computer. Should be a lot better quality than recording your speakers.

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

I thought the thread title was "Screaming Music..."
                      :D

so how do you actually get the clip to play once you've prepared it?
                      Seeken

Comment

I use the "open mic" method Winchester talked about. I have my laptop sitting by me, with its speakers, and I play stuff off there and my mic picks it up. Plain and simple.
                        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
                          I use the "open mic" method Winchester talked about. I have my laptop sitting by me, with its speakers, and I play stuff off there and my mic picks it up. Plain and simple.
                          I agree with this man.

Save our server from non-important $hit.

In general, I dislike the practice but that's just me. Yes, I'm grumpy today.
                          :P

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Well, I don't know if my method is efficient or not, but it seems to ge the job done:

I alt-tab out, and open some media-music player on my computer and hit play. Put my mic up against my speakers, and double-tab my talk button in game.

I would listen to BD's warning a few posts up, but I personally love it when someone puts music over their mic in game. Gets me pumped up for the fight ;)

| |

Comment

Why try to play music over mic when you were given a voice for a reason! Do what I do while on long missions in a heli or humvee and start singing Military Cadences, That always gets the blood flowing =P
                              "Learn to obey before you command"
                              - Solon of Athens
                              "Ah! The generals! They are numerous but not good for much!"
                              - Aristophanes

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X