Best Sound Mod to Date?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Sound Mod to Date?

I've been looking for some good sound mods but I'm not exactly sure what to download. I'd like to find a sound mod that has a good balance between weapon and vehicle sounds, I've seen too many sound mods that are great in one aspect but horrible in the other. Blagh. In your opinion, what do you guys think is the best sound mod out to date that's compatible with ACE?

Re: Best Sound Mod to Date?

VopSoundMod... hands down.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3852

Comment

Amen Ace....VoPSoundMod is the best currently out there. I love it =)
      "Learn to obey before you command"
      - Solon of Athens
      "Ah! The generals! They are numerous but not good for much!"
      - Aristophanes

Comment

Vopmod, for authenticity. Tried the Hifi nova didn't really like it, guns have too much bass imo. I may try the hifi pack without sonic later but i don't really see the hype on that one.

Comment

I agree VOP is the best and is the only sound mod thats ACE compatible right now
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Hifi Novus for me.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hifi Novus in my opinion is the closest thing in arma to what a real fire fight sounds like. I used VOP19 for a little while but the sounds reminded me far to much of CS/ Rainbow 6 Vegas.

The Hifi Sounds also sound nice at a distance but VOP sounds sound similar no matter how far or close you are. Still though Redfor HIFI sounds arent very good where as VOP are decent.

Its really up to you to decide what sound mod you like. If i could i would re-do the whole ARMA sound engine as no sound mods come any thing close to what real life firefights sound like which is a massive let down.

And from what i have seen ARMA2's sound engine dont seem to be very good either. *Sad Face*
              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

For ACE: VopSound all the way.

Vanilla ArmA: Chammy FTW

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                The BigC

Comment

Vop is by far the best.
                  |TG|Ghost02
                  TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

I use VOP. I haven't experienced any other sound mod, so I can't really say if it's the greatest or not. It's high quality though, I can tell you that much.

| |

Comment

Complaint-wise: VOP does not differentiate its sounds between calibers. For example, the 416 and 417 sound the same, even though they respectively fire 5.56mm and 7.62mm. Same for the BLUFOR assault rifles equipped with a silencer. The silencer sounds the same regardless of the weapon or caliber.

HiFi is very modular in structure. I suggest trying both and mixing and matching. HiFi's mod team basically broke the sounds up into different categories, so you can take what you like from HiFi and use it in another sound mod without conflict (the readme included with HiFi explains how).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X