This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANNOUNCING - "Blackdog1's T.G.I.F"

Yes....I am starting a new event/time for you all to be aware of.
    I (or an admin in my absence) will be hosting a FRIDAY event that will start at 3pm PST (6pm EST and 11pm GMT).
    "Blackdog's T.G.I.F" (Thank God It's Friday, or Tactical Gamer - its friday! or... The Gun Is Firing or... you get the idea....its just an excuse to get some ArmA time)

We will shut down one server to use for this event which will last for 3 hours (subject to mission). There will be another server running at the same time so that those who were not able to join the event can still play at TG.

The format will change from week to week. I.e one week we may run a current mission. another week we may test a new mission, another week we may hold a "ArmA" TGU class!!

I am hoping this will work a little easier for some of our European players to help them meet many of our US based players. I also hope it fits for those who sometimes cannot make Sunday events, but would like to have a proper team event to take part in.

So I will be kicking it all off this Friday..........

The Mission:

I first started mission editing with the very kind help of Beta, who helped me take an idea I had for a mission yet I had no idea how to make it, with zero mission/editing ability under my belt. I told him what I wanted to do and created the basis of the mission in the editor with the briefing. He then added the key ingredients that made it work.

This was a year ago and so as my 1 year editing anniversary has arrived, I have decided to refresh the mission and change it up a bit and I am very happy with the results.

The mission is - OPERATION CALM STORM

The mission has now been made ACE friendly and some very interesting elements added.

For those who never played the mission before, many felt it was one of the hardest missions on the TG ArmA servers. We specifically chose the darkest night of the year and picked the darkest time, the end result is a VERY dark island in places.

Why is this an issue?......because ALL players have NVG's removed!!!!!! many lessons were learned from the first versions of the mission of which there were 9. It is a mission that requires extreme concentration, planning and co-ordination. I.e. The C.O. now has enough light at base to plan the load up of his troops properly, with a choice of ACE weapons and ammo. AMMO is key..... you will need LOTS of flares!

Also, another element which has fitted this mission perfectly is the HUNT IR capability of ACE. With a pitch black area, and enemy at very close quarter, the HUNT IR rounds will give you extremely key data when approaching target areas.

The premise of the mission is an Uprising on the island of Sahrani and the Royal Family recently announced the decision to establish it's own Armed Forces (RACS). The neighboring North Sahrani island is communist controlled and it is believed they have sponsored and helped this uprising based on this news, without it being a full invasion.

A key US flight instructor and a well known CIA agent responded to calls that events may have been occuring in the south of the island and unfortunately they were shot down, yet it is believed still alive. Your mission has multiple objectives, one of which will be the rescue of that pilot as he is the only one who can provide air transport. Oh by the way....the main NATO command base north of Paraiso has had it's fuel supply cut off and the fuel and ammo trucks are stuck at a port in Dolores. In order to use the helo's you need to refuel them.

This mission uses insurgent forces, IED's, no NVG's, enemy forces, limited resources and a requirement to work together as a team. It is a CoOP 28 mission......

HOWEVER...in the past Beta and I normally took the role of Pilot and the CIA agent and some great "Role Playing" took place, something which has been asked for of late.

I have decided to throw in a few extra surprises to the mix to freshen the mission. It must also be pointed out that this is a Revive mission and you only get "3" lives!

The greatest change however is now the added human element. I have decided to add "4" Opfor insurgent players as part of the 28 player head count. Therefore in addition to the much smarter ACE AI, the main Blufor force now must consider that there might be one or two actual human enemy players out there to keep every part of the mission a challenge.

This also means that the pilot and the CIA agent cannot now just sit in one spot, otherwise the human enemy may search aggresively for them to kill them once they find the crashed helicopter site.

For some that have requested a hard mission that relies on map, compass and grid co-ordinate position reference a great deal more, I think you will enjoy this. Some will not and will swear they cannot see a thing. However, with the correct video settings and I do not mean Gamma cranked up, but sensible, you will get enough light to make out the horizon, etc etc.

However, you now have multiple flares more than you could possibly want, you have vehicle headlights, there are fires and lights in the town. The NATO FOB base now has spotlights. Thre is no reason why you cannot complete this mission as dawn breaks.

Once again, this is a serious mission that WILL be a challenge, but I think the ACE mod has really just made this mission come alive.

If you choose to be a commander you MUST, consider your terrain, where enemy might be, is that an IED? is that civilian friendly (because if you kill too many the game ends). Which objective get the most priority??? The furthest one away might provide with greatest asset support!!

Too many times I watched C.O.'s go about this mission in completely the wrong manner. You have to think fast, plan quickly and get mobile...... co-ordinate your troops, keep them close, make sure players are revived or they die.... watchout for threats, they will come from every turn....listen to your surroundings.......it might just help you decide if an enemy is about to walk 20m past you....

;)

For those up for the challenge...sign up below for the first "TGIF" :D

Those who say yessssssss!
    BD1
    Viper
    BarnacleofDoom
    Bamboo
    Terry=MCF=
    GeneralCarver
    KitPig
    dane06
    Gregos
    Fansadox
    Seiler
    LT. Razgriz
    W1ck3d
    bk_seal
    Gen.Joe
    Apocal
    Duc748s
    Eugene
    Polk12
    Alan Ford
    Legs
    Total - 21

Reserves:
    meeeeee8880
    JJX90
    socomseal93
    Ghost02
    Dreadlee
    Total - 5

EVENT LIST CLOSED......... THAT WAY RESERVES ARE GUARANTEED IF THEY WANT AND WE MAY HAVE A COUPLE OF SPACES.

EVERYONE TO GATHER ON OUR TS CHANNEL - PATHFINDER SECTION 15 MINS BEFORE GAME

BR's
    BD1
    Last edited by Blackdog1; 05-01-2009, 01:06 PM. Reason: EVENT CLOSED - ALL REPORT ON TS PATHFINDER CHANNEL
    BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Re: ANNOUNCING - "Blackdog1's T.G.I.F"

ohhh sign me up but put me on the reserves list.. my comp might be fixed by friday

Comment

count me in

Comment

me 3
        Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Dido

Comment

thanks for posting..
            thanE

Comment

me4

* In-House Division : Unaffiliated.
              * Leadership Abilities : None
              * Specialities : Medic, Anti-tank.
              * Willingness to CO : No
              * Pathfinder? : No
              Last edited by Gregos; 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM.
              Gregos also known as Sir Jones

"War can only be abolished through war, and in order to get rid of the gun it is necessary to take up the gun." - Mao Zedong

Comment

Please put me in the reserves list for the moment, something may came up for Friday.

* In-House Division: Unaffiliated
                * Leadership Abilities: Fire team leader
                * Specialties: Sniper, Machine gunner, medic, Harrier, A-10.
                * Willingness to CO: Not yet
                * Pathfinder? No

Comment

Count me in
                  A day of battle is a day harvest for the devil

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Put me on the reserves list, btw I was there when you first beta tested this mission and loved it. The immersion and team work is top notch in this mission.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Me too.

* In-House Division : Unaffiliated.
                        * Leadership Abilities : None
                        * Specialities : Driving wheeled vehicles, medium range sniping, general infantry (except grenadier), support weapons.
                        * Willingness to CO : NOOOOOOOO
                        * Pathfinder? : No

Comment

There are just 28 slots....so dive in.... ;)
                          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

The mission sounds awesome!
                            I love the idea of a Friday event, I just wish I was going to be home from the office an hour earlier so I could be there.
                            I guess I could always move further east...
                            Seeken

Comment

Hell Im in Blackdog!..Cannot wait
                              "Learn to obey before you command"
                              - Solon of Athens
                              "Ah! The generals! They are numerous but not good for much!"
                              - Aristophanes

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X