TrackIR5 Premiered in ArmA2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrackIR5 Premiered in ArmA2

Finally got it out there with a few minutes to spare.

Full info is on the BIS forums here:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72436

Or you can check out the currently-short-but-will-be-expanded-soon news post on my site at http://www.dslyecxi.com

Hope it was worth the wait. ;)

The video itself is available here, too, of course, but the BIS post has some additional info about A2 as well that you probably want to check out.

Re: TrackIR5 Premiered in ArmA2

Its a good video
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Cool video Dslyecxi, got a nice look at track i.r 5 and the game it self!
      PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Excellent work Dslyecxi. Too bad the TrackIR website seems to be down. I will probably order and use your discount link.

Comment

Hey great work, any chance you could list the specs on your rig? TrackIR is so much smoother than on my system.

Comment

He said in the BIS thread

Quad core @2.66
            Nvidia 285
            4 gigs RAM
            Win XP

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
              He said in the BIS thread

Quad core @2.66
              Nvidia 285
              4 gigs RAM
              Win XP
              It's come up as a question a few times, but the quad core is a 'normal' one, not the newer i7 type. Apparently that's significant for some. I didn't know the difference until it started being posed as a question. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                It's come up as a question a few times, but the quad core is a 'normal' one, not the newer i7 type. Apparently that's significant for some. I didn't know the difference until it started being posed as a question. ;)
                I7 is supposedly much faster. Thanks for posting your specs, it is encouraging because I just assumed you would have had a killer rig that is out of reach of us mere mortals ;)

While on the subject of Track IR, you seem to be directly connected with (discount etc.) the folks at Natural Point, do you have any info on OPFlash 2 track IR support? It is not listed as coming soon on Track IR's page--forgive me I know this is not specficially an ARMA 2 question.

Comment

My question is just how much are those quad core's actually worked? Are we talking a huge CPU drain, or not so much....?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                    My question is just how much are those quad core's actually worked? Are we talking a huge CPU drain, or not so much....?
                    I really haven't paid enough attention to be able to answer that properly, sorry.

While on the subject of Track IR, you seem to be directly connected with (discount etc.) the folks at Natural Point, do you have any info on OPFlash 2 track IR support? It is not listed as coming soon on Track IR's page--forgive me I know this is not specficially an ARMA 2 question.
                    I don't know - you'd have to ask them.

Comment

Nice vid.

I saw somebody bring up a TrackIR topic in the OFP: DR forums, nice to finally know what it means :). It looks like a fun tool, something I 'm definitely gonna look into.

Also great to see how Arma II runs on your system, since I have a similar setup (Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9450 @ 2.66GHz).

Thx for sharing.
                      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

I liked your video and how is ARMA II so far? Is it arcadish or a true improvement on the system overall. I think I will get Track IR once ARMA II comes out if it rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by tangowrangler View Post
                          I liked your video and how is ARMA II so far? Is it arcadish or a true improvement on the system overall. I think I will get Track IR once ARMA II comes out if it rocks.
                          I like it. Can't really be more specific than that at this point. If you check the ArmA forum thread linked in the root post, there are some further details about movement and such in a2, and how improved that is.

Comment

Did you ask for the beta version directly from BI for evaluation purposes or was there another method to get a hold of the beta version?

If you do not want to answer this directly in the forum you can PM me once the encrytion issue is fixed, thanks.

Comment

i just enjoyed looking at ArmA 2

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse