Lack of good singleplayer missions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lack of good singleplayer missions.

Does anyone here feel that there is a lack of good SP missions? Especially ACE supported ones.

Most of the missions on ArmAHolic are very.. err.. average.

Maybe someone can recommend a mission or two?

Re: Lack of good singleplayer missions.

Does anyone here feel that there is a lack of good SP missions? Especially the ones that came with the game.

Comment

Yeah i would agree that the first person mission arent amazing. But this really isn't a FPS though, its a social game, you need to play with other people not the half brain dead friendly AI.
      Considering that, why are the enemy AI so good, yet your AI are awful and always getting killed?
      Before you judge a man, try walking a mile in their shoes first. That way your a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

The AI commander of a squad is giving about 3 orders a second (or trying to). A player can't keep up, so the AI doesn't get as much hand holding, thus is more "stupid".

That's my guess.

Single player missions are kind of hard to make, since the AI is "challenged". A lot of people just aren't interested in doing it, as MP missions are more to their taste.

Comment

Bah! Down with single player!!! <lights torch> Raaahhh!!!!
          Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

Here are the best SP campaigns for Arma in my opinion, I highly recommend trying them all:

THE CAUSE (Rejn is a great mission maker, and also does voices and drama very well)
            http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ight=campaigns

End Point (also by Rejn, only one mission as a teaser of upcoming campaign, but still highly recommended. Same quality as The Cause)

Eaglets (amazing MIG-15 campaign, who said flying in Arma couldn't be fun?)

Range of Dead (zombie madness)

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

There is an SP component to ArmA? never noticed.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
              The BigC

Comment

Yes the included campaign is horrible. You should try one of the links I posted instead :p

Playername Sparks444 in BF2

Comment

FDFMod has a great SP campaign even if you don't understand a word of finnish(and miss the some of the great dialogue). I'm not sure how ACE-compatible it is as since it was releasd before the latter, but otherwise it's great.

Comment

Wow, great missions. I love the missions Rejn made, they are incredible. They are OFP1 quality missions, thus, far better than the included campaign.

Though, with ACE, it's pretty damn hard.

Comment

God I’ve tried to finish the single player campaign but the toll of trying to command the AI is enough to drive a man mad. Though I think the Campaign mission for OPF was fantastic. Though I never finished that either.... come to think of it I never played multiplayer on that either. Never though of seeing what player made missions are out there so I’m going to give those a try

Though one of the singleplayer missions you get aside of the main campaign is good:
                      Blood, Sweat and Tears
                      =Supporting Member=
                      If you think your up for the task joining the Irrgs, hit the recruitment thread

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X