Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Server 1 Domination -Why?

Dear All,

this issue has been on my mind for quite some time and I wanted to get a good dialogue going here between us "the loyal" TG players and the "fantastic" Admins. Heres the thing. I joined TG because I was looking for a place where realism and teamplay where at home. I found this on Server 1 and Server 2. I remember my first ever proper TVT was on server 1 playing convoy. Awesome!!! As of late I and many other players find themselfs restricted to Server 2. Why? Because Server 1 is always on domination.
    I really do not understand why this is. We have plently of other DOmination Servers out there why do our TG servers have to run this as well.

In my opinion Domination does not fit the gameplay profile we pride ourselfs on. I mean Domination is by no means bad and I am sure many have had great fun playing a few rounds but it is not what promotes gameplay at "TG Arma".
    So I ask, as do quite a few players I haven spoken to, whoever made the decision to make Domination permanent on Server 1 please reconsider. We do not really need another DOmination in our already full server list.

many thanks and I hope all that agree will add their posts to show the mood of the community.

best regards and see you all on the battlefield
    Keep it as it is
    26.09%
    Purge it, 1 Domination that is not the default so people have a choice
    14.49%
    No Domination
    59.42%

sigpic

Re: #Server 1 Domination -Why?

I totally agree!

A Tactical Gamer Domination server is completely redundant, as there are plenty of other servers offering the Domination game type. I play with the tactical gamer community to have a more sophisticated and enjoyable gaming experience.

But if for some reason there are people in charge who are bent on having a Tactical Gamer Domination server, it would at least be more reasonable to make that Server #2 rather than #1. #1 has been the TvT server of choice, since it has no third person. The lack of third person also provides a more immersive co-op experience and is well suited for the realistic, Tactical Gamer style of play.

As such, it would at least be more sensible to make Server #2 the Domination server, and leave Server #1 to those who desire the teamwork and immersion for which the Tactical Gamer ArmA community has become known.

Comment

Lol I'm having admin flashbacks to last summer... we just called it evolution then :)

Comment

Uhmm... Since when has it been a dedicated Domination server? At least the last time I was user admin there Domination was only the default mission, and we also had all the normal ones to choose from. Why the players mostly choose Domination beats me :) It's good for the occasional fun but gets quickly boring without the TG approach.

Comment

Hey Fincuan,

I tried to vote myself admin and the damn thing did not accept moi as the boss. Maybe someone else can try this too?

sigpic

Comment

Fincuan, the problem is, if you try and change the mission you get a lot of upset people.

This has happened at least 5 times in the past month. Server population grows to above 20. Some people want to play something else, a lot of others don't.

If an admin is voted and the mission is changed, you get threads and posts on the forums about how the mission was changed against the player's general consensus. Personally, I don't bother with server 1 anymore unless it is not playing Domination, which is not too often. Not worth it to try and convince people to play other missions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampart_CH View Post
              I tried to vote myself admin and the damn thing did not accept moi as the boss. Maybe someone else can try this too?
              Confirmed here

I wasn't able to do it either just a few minutes ago. Could be a limit in the server settings, ie. you need to have a certain amount of people on the server for voting to work.

Comment

I really have no issue changing this, infact, default mission is changed as of now. However, you will no doubt see people still playing it as they will vote it in....

Comment

Ok I see how this could upset people who are currently playing DOmination but the point of this thread is why do we at TG need Domination on any of our servers? There are plenty out there to choose from. Why cant we simply have normal stock maps on server 1 with tvt, missions etc and server 2 as the mod server.
                  On these servers we would simply run Coop and TVT missions that promote mature gameplay style and realism. Otherwise why not go play BF2 or something similar (no disrespect to Bf2 players)

I currently count over 18 Servers running domination.

sigpic

Comment

I was informed by a TG member in Sever #1 that it was designated Domination only a couple of days ago. Maybe he was confused.

Comment

Server 1 Domination?

OK guys, threads merged, and poll added. I want to see the consensus. My own personal opinion is that I hate Domination, always have, but we have or have had a fair few TG guys who love it, and as such asked for it to be on the server. Now, I am going to purge it so that only 1 domination remains for now, but you guys have to realise that I can't keep everyone happy. Would the majority prefer a limited Domination, keep it as it os, on no Domination at all?

Have at it......

Comment

I haven't been on except for sunday events lately due to work, school, and other stuff but I pretty much stopped checking about a month ago or so. Whenever Domination was added, I usually found that it was being played and normally there is no admin, limited teamwork, and just not the style of play I am use to seeing on TG when i'm able to play. Plenty of other servers have this where people can go and do whatever. Part of what makes TG what it is are the focused missions and that teamwork is inforced. I feel domination should be completely removed. There are other missions that allow respawns and jip that are far better imo. I'm sure there have been a few organized games of Domination but more often than not, it is an unorganized rabble where little communication is going on. I could understand having it on the servers if it was a rarely seen mode on other servers but a majority of other servers have it running all the time so TG doesn't really need to please the people that want to play it. They can go play it on another server anytime they want and come back after they have had their Domination fix.
                        |TG-Irr|LCpl. Soto
                        TGULT-Roel Yento

Comment

Why even have two servers? It just seems to split the population and isn't going to make everyone happy anyways. And I think in general whether playing TvT or Coop the more players the better.

EDIT: Also, this was an area of curiosity for me, but isn't the 3rd person view setting located in the Server.config with the other realism settings? So if the third person view can be disabled why can't other settings? (just curious)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Hoy View Post
                            Why even have two servers? It just seems to split the population and isn't going to make everyone happy anyways. And I think in general whether playing TvT or Coop the more players the better.

If removing one of the servers is ever going to happen, a LOT of the missions will be rendered quite useless as they simply won't have enough slots. At peak hours I see around 40-50 players on both servers. Currently, there is not a huge variety of missions for the 40-50 player count.

Comment

I highly dislike domination, but i'm not a regular around here so I cant say much. My hostage situation maps have been upgraded to support 30 total players. This allows 15vs15 TvT action.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X