Green Berets or Spetsnaz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Berets or Spetsnaz

I always thought that the show "Deadliest Warrior" had little relevancy with real life with the way they compared the opponents and stuff (there's way too many more factors that could play in part in real life that can't be demonstrated on the show), and also the match ups were sometimes ridiculous (like when they matched up an stealth based ninja vs a team work unit based spartan). But still, I couldn't help but look forward to this next episode comparing the U.S. Green Berets and the Russian Spetsnaz. I honestly don't know how their gonna compare these two or the kinds of things their gonna demostrate, but Ima put my money on the Green Berets, because the show seems to lean alot for units with the better weapons and equipment. But who knows, this is the first time their doing it on more modern warriors, and they may take into different things into consideration that thay haven't before. What do you guys think? The show is on SPIKE TV today at 10PM EST btw.

Re: Green Berets or Spetsnaz

And now some venting from General Carver...

That show sucks. It almost makes me angry to watch. how the hell could you determine which would win in combat? Their training is different. Different weapons. Both have had much combat experience and success with their philosophy towards training for war.

The show doesn't take into account individual aptitude.. U know, there are some Spetnaz that are better than others, same w/ the green berets. Also, terrain, mission objectives who has what advantage in a given encounter. On and On and On. I don't bother thinking about that crap.

But I assure you one thing.. probably both sides would beat the crap out of each other so badly that who cares who would win. The damage done to each other would be great.

And Yeah, I saw that show of Ninja vs spartan.. what a joke. Your right, u can't compare them. Spartans fight in units.. ninjas are stealthy assassins.

U know, I use to like the History channel and Discovery channel.. but some of these new shows are just freaking stupid. I think Ninjas, spartans, spetnaz and Green Berets should go raid the Corporate offices of these T.V. networks and slaughter them. lol.. NOW THAT WOULD BE ENTERTAINMENT T.V.!

** EDIT **
    OMG! Dude, we should make a video of all us in TG.. some kind of spoof on Deadliest warrior. Like Who would win? ACE KING or Blackdog1? lol. And then show something totally off the wall funny. It could be called "The Deadliest TG Warrior".

**edit 2**
    Dude, this is all a marketing stunt for ratings guys. They are intentionally making stuff controversial. They want people to get pissed off, cause then they will watch the show to "prove it wrong". BUT.. mission accomplished... they got you to watch the show. I'm watching some commentary online about the Ninja vs Spartan show. It is somewhat interesting... but old GeneralCarver is a little too wise to fall for their mind tricks. : )
    Last edited by GeneralCarver; 05-12-2009, 05:33 PM. Reason: OMG! A revelation! 2nd edit!
    Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton.

Comment

I didn't see the show, but I can speak from experience on two separate military units. I wrote a basic overview between the legion and the Army on another forum thread: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...ourself-3.html

There are so many variables on comparing military units and a simple way to look at this is to remove the elite from the picture. "US Navy SEALS versus Somali pirates"

*Bonus: you get to see my booty shorts from Africa*

Comment

I would bet my money on the green berets when it comes to weapons and tactics. But when i would have to choose a winner in close combat all my money goes to the spetsnaz. Those russian special forces are hardcore [email protected]#$ers when it comes to fighting. I have seen a special where they had nothing to do and they would just fight eachother bareknuckle norules just to kill time.

Also in hostage situation where the rest of the world would be holding back on sending special forces to save as much hostages as possible by negotiations the russians just calculate a certain amount of hostages to die. Different tactics different warzones so hard to decide wich in the end would be the best of the 2
        A day of battle is a day harvest for the devil

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
          Dude, this is all a marketing stunt for ratings guys. They are intentionally making stuff controversial. They want people to get pissed off, cause then they will watch the show to "prove it wrong". BUT.. mission accomplished... they got you to watch the show. I'm watching some commentary online about the Ninja vs Spartan show. It is somewhat interesting... but old GeneralCarver is a little too wise to fall for their mind tricks. : )
          But..can't.. help it... Must watch... on SPIKE... at 10PM today... like the little ant I am

Comment

Originally posted by tangowrangler View Post
            *Bonus: you get to see my booty shorts from Africa*
            *clicks the link*

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
            The BigC

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralCarver View Post
              Like Who would win? ACE KING or Blackdog1?
              Seriously!?!?!?!

;)

BD1
              BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fansadox View Post
                I would bet my money on the green berets when it comes to weapons and tactics. But when i would have to choose a winner in close combat all my money goes to the spetsnaz. Those russian special forces are hardcore [email protected]#$ers when it comes to fighting. I have seen a special where they had nothing to do and they would just fight eachother bareknuckle norules just to kill time.
                Same. I watched the Weaponology special on the Spetsnaz and those guys are hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackdog1-22 Reg.SAS View Post
                  Seriously!?!?!?!

;)

BD1
                  I know right? Pointless matchup... everybody already knows I would win ;)

Comment

Its starting now... WATCH U LITTLE ANTS! Feed the corporate beast.

Comment

spetznaz won, by 7 kills, out of 1000, which statiscaly means they should be even. Go statistics!

Comment

U know, I use to like the History channel and Discovery channel.. but some of these new shows are just freaking stupid. I think Ninjas, spartans, spetnaz and Green Berets should go raid the Corporate offices of these T.V. networks and slaughter them. lol.. NOW THAT WOULD BE ENTERTAINMENT T.V.!
                        Now if you vent/rant this is the way to do it. I was laughing when I was reading this. But as far the show it is one way to kill time; I don't hate it or love it.

Comment

OK i watched a clip on y/tube with the two "fighting" each other ([media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyit9i0CqCE[/media]) - ridiculous! Let's get a load of actors and a director with no military training and put them in a building together and see who comes out victorious.

Stupid
                          Jex.

Comment

ROFL. Laughed so hard when I saw the Green Beret pulling out his shovel in hand 2 hand combat.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                            The BigC

Comment

If you watch the show, they often acknowledge the battle is pointless and silly as it never could or would happen (like ninja vs. spartan) and have moved to the more "could happen" scenario's. However, the winner or loser is determined by creating values for a simulator based on the tests. The acted our scenario is just for fluff. They have by far the greatest ballistic gel dummies ever and watching them get hit with the weapons is well worth any annoyance at the details of the final fight. Look up the morning star vs the dummy and all is good.
                              |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...