Nikolov's ArmA Screenshot Tutorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikolov's ArmA Screenshot Tutorial

This tutorial is to provide some of our ArmA Media makers a better way to capture great looking sceenshots or videos. You can not use this method outside of the editor for some obvious reasons. This tutorial has been floating around for a while but it never went into specific details.

Lets begin.

First, start the editor with a map of your choice. Place a unit or player where you want to them to be captured/
    I chose Sahrani and placed my player in an open street.
    [media]http://img191.imageshack.us/my.php?image=arma2009051520523093.jpg[/media]

Now, we need to create a trigger to bring up our cinema screen. So, press the F3 button and double click on the map. You should now see the trigger menu. Click the white box next to "Activation", choose "Radio Alpha", and click the "repeatedly". Below in the "On Act." bar paste this string of text player exec "camera.sqs"; showCinemaBorder false; setAccTime 0.003
    This means every time you radio to Alpha, in-game, the cinema cam will come up.
    [media]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1842/arma2009051521020923.jpg[/media]
    Before we move on, look at the string of text posted above. If you change "showCinemaBorder false" to "showCinemaBorder true" you'll have a letter box in you cinema cam. You can also change the speed of the game by changing the numbers in "setAccTime 0.003". 1.000 is the normal rate, but anything below it slows the world down. Be aware, slowing the world can make any units blurry.

Ok, now lets get into the game. Once you are moving about and you find a nice shot double press "0". You'll see a "Alpha" option in your command bar. Press "1" and you'll be place into cinema cam. You'll now see something like this.
    [media]http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/7643/arma2009051520591451.jpg[/media]

To control the cam use your keyboard. "Q" is to raise your height, "Z" is to lower your height, "W" is to move forward. "S" is to move back, "A" and "D" is to move left and right, "4" and "5" on the keypad is to turn left and right,"8" and "2" is used to tilt up and down. To get rid of the cross hair press or hold "L" and to go back to your player press "V". You can always go back to the cinema screen by radioing to Alpha.

Use FRAPS or the "Print screen" button to save your screen shot. And hopefully you can take pictures like these.
    [media]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6690/arma2009051510261252.jpg[/media]

Re: Nikolov's ArmA Screenshot Tutorial

Great tutorial! Just as a note, your first screenshot is not working for me.

| |

Comment

Thanks for posting this here, dude.

Comment

DUDE I LOVE YOU. GONNA MAKE THINGS SO MUCH MORE EASIER FOR ME.

Yes I really had to write it down in caps.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
        The BigC

Comment

Xmaster,

Do a search for GMR Cameraman.
          Basically, its got the 'Slow motion', 'camera' built into the Independent soldier.
          So you don't need to use the camera.sqs if you dislike it.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Also, if you record at slow mo speeds, you can whack your settings way up without any loss of FPS.

Comment

Lowspeed the GMR Cameraman search on this forums or Google? The reason I ask is that I did both and got some funky results.

Comment

Tango et al,
                Wrong name, it's called MR Editor Guy.
                http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=947

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X